Friday, September 22, 2023

All About Autumn Simple Card

 Good morning on this beautiful, sunshiny, fall morning!  Oh my goodness.  The weather has been so wonderful I hate to stay inside!  The squirrels around here have been very busy collecting the tiny acorns falling from our trees.  It's been so much fun watching their antics.  They are definitely great entertainment while drinking my coffee this morning!  I had planned on posting another Stars At Night card, but I've been overwhelmed with good feelings about autumn because it's been so gorgeous around here.  So I changed my mind at the very last minute to post these cards instead.  I made them a couple of weeks ago, but since the products were on backorder decided not to post them just yet.  You need to keep checking the site for availability.  I guess all of you liked this collection as much as I did, because it's been backordered for a while.  Let's get to the cards.

I said cards, because I took one sheet of the 6" x 6" DSP and made three cards with a 2" strip left over to make another card.  Isn't this paper design just gorgeous?  I've taken my grandsons to several different pumpkin patches through the years, and this brings back those special memories perfectly.  You know what I mean.  The sunshine and blue skies, the cooler air, the piles of all sizes and shapes and colors of pumpkins.  I always gravitated towards the odd colors and shapes myself.  The boys always thought I was kind of weird in that respect, but they would happily help me find the oddest pumpkins around!  It got to be a contest of who could find the weirdest pumpkins for me!  Ahh, those wonderful memories.  But I digress here.  Let's get back to making our own pumpkin patch.

I started with a card base of what else?  Pumpkin Pie cardstock, of course.  It measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and is scored and folded at 4 1/4".

The layer here is Pebbled Path cardstock.  It is cut to 5 1/4" x 4".  It's run through the embossing machine with the new Distressed Tile 3D Embossing Folder.  Doesn't it have wonderful texture?  It's attached to the Pumpkin Pie card base with "green glue".  I have to mention here, the lighting around here is making the Pebbled Path cardstock look much grayer than it is.  The color is really more of a brown than gray to me.  Anyway, it's a beautiful color and perfect for this card.

Next, the pumpkin print from the All About Autumn DSP is cut.  There is a 2" strip cut from the bottom.  Then the remaining DSP is cut into 2" strips also.   This gives you three strips of 2" x 4" and one strip of 2" x 6" for later.  To frame the DSP, I cut a piece of Pumpkin Pie to measure 2 1/4" x 4 1/4".  These are attached together with adhesive then attached to the left side of the card front using Dimensionals.

The sentiment tag was die-cut from Basic White cardstock using the smallest Tailored Tag die.  The wording comes from the new So Sincere stamp set found on page 47 in the Mini Catalog.  Each of the sentiments in this set have different fonts and they cover most of your stamping needs.  The sentiment here is stamped with Pebbled Path ink.

The ribbon is the Black & Very Vanilla ribbon in the Mini Catalog.  I didn't like the vanilla color, but I did like the plaid.  So I used the Pumpkin Pie Dark Blends to color it to match.  About 4" of ribbon was used on each card.  The labels are attached with adhesive on the left side and Dimensionals on the right side to keep it flat.

The inside of the card has a layer of Basic White cardstock.  Two of the Autumn Leaves were stamped in the bottom corner.  Pumpkin Pie ink was used after off-stamping it to get a softer color.  The veins were stamped in with Pebbled Path ink.   I have not decided on a sentiment for inside this card yet.  But when I do, it'll be stamped with Pebbled Path ink to match.

The final touch on the card front were the sequins.  The Neutrals Adhesive-backed Sequins from the main catalog were used.  I chose the orangey-copper color to use here.  I love how they work with the Pumpkin Pie color used on the card.  They have a subtle shine that seemed to enhance the fall colors used here.

Thank you for joining me on this trip to the pumpkin patch.  I hope you enjoyed yourself and consider giving this card a try.  It's very straightforward and almost sleek in design, but the colors and pumpkins give it the warmth of the fall season.  Kick back with a delicious cup of cider and start creating your own pumpkin patch.  Have fun!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. I do like the embossing behind the DSP - it's lovely. Good idea to ink the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Distressed Tile Embossing Folder is fabulous!

      Delete
  2. Really like these cards! It's been quite nice here, too. I'm loving it, my favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. Glad you're getting some wonderful fall weather!

      Delete