Thursday, September 21, 2023

More Stars

Hello friends!  Sorry for the long wait between posts.  Life just takes a few twists and turns, and then my schedule seems to get totally out of control.  I don't know whether I'm coming or going sometimes!  Let's hope things quiet down around here and we get back to normal.  Whatever that is!  Today I'm sharing another card using the new Stars At Night stamp set with coordinating dies.   Oh yes, it showcases the Oh Holy Night Designer Series Paper for a lovely starry background.  Let's get started making this card.

Isn't this starry print just gorgeous?  I wish you could see it in person.  It's so rich looking!  Once I had this idea in my head, this card almost made itself!  It starts with a base of Night of Navy cardstock that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.  A layer of Basic White was cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  Cut two of the white layers so you have one for the inside of the card.  The starry DSP layer measures 3 7/8" x 5 1/8".  I only wanted a very small white frame around it, so you've got measurements in eighths.  Sometimes I think the tiny white frame actually gives the card more of a pop.  My preference.  You could always cut it a little smaller to have a bigger white frame.

To start, layer the DSP onto the Basic White layer.  I used "green glue" on the outer edges of the layers only because I wanted the die-cut area to be separate.  One of the dies in the set cut out the multi-pronged star and all the tiny dots of light surrounding it.  That is what was used through the two layers that were glued together.  Because the center wasn't glued, these die-cut sections have a tendency to rise up somewhat and don't lay totally flat.  

A 5 1/2" length of the Silver & White Sheer Ribbon was wrapped around to the back and taped down.  This is about 1" from the bottom edge.  After the ribbon was attached, the entire layer was attached to the folded navy card base.  I used "green glue" for this.  You can see the navy background shows through the card front.

Two of the stars from the Stars At Night die set were cut from the More Dazzle Specialty Designer Series Paper.  The smaller star is attached over the larger one with a Mini Glue Dot between them.  They are attached to the card front using cut pieces of Dimensionals to hold it up away from the card base.

The smallest label die from the Something Fancy dies set was used to cut a Basic White label.  The sentiment is from the Stars At Night stamp set and is stamped with Night of Navy ink.  The label is attached over the strip of ribbon using Dimensionals.  Another length of ribbon was used to make a bow which was attached right at the edge of the tag.  It's held on with Mini Glue Dots.

On the 2nd piece of Basic White cardstock that you already cut, stamp the sentiment for the inside of the card with Night of Navy ink.  This sentiment comes from the Brightest Glow set.  The sprinkle of stardust is from the Stars At Night set.  They are stamped with Night of Navy ink that has been off-stamped.  The white layer is attached inside the card with "green glue".
The final touch on the card is of course the bling.  Even with the More Dazzle stars and the silver edged ribbon, I decided to add just a little more bling to the card.  I thought the Rhinestone Basic Jewels would be just the right touch.  A larger one was added to the center of the star.  Three smaller ones were added around the card front.  Simple and subtle.

I really enjoyed making this card.  I fussed around with the die-cut star background trying to decide how I wanted it to look.  I originally wanted something sparkly because of the shining star, but I ended up with the dark to highlight the star instead.  

Hope you like this card.  I have one more to share with you using this set, then it's on to another set.  I figured this way I would actually use all the sets I have instead of forgetting one (or more) and being very unhappy with myself.  Hopefully it won't take me so long to get the next post done.  Sorry again for the delay.  Thanks for spending some crafty time with me.  Hope you give this Stars At Night Bundle a try.  I think it's well worth it.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful! I agree with the narrow white border - the focus is on the stars in the night sky. The navy behind the sparkling star really makes it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the tiny border seems to have more impact than a larger border. Is that a "less is more" concept?

      Delete
  2. I love this card and will CASE it for my cards this year! Thank you so much for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete