Saturday, September 9, 2023

Joy of Noel Version 3

Hello friends!  I'm a day late here.  Thought I'd get this card posted on Friday.  But as you can see, that just didn't happen.  For not working at a full-time job, I certainly seem to be extra busy some days.  But not to fear, the post is finally getting done so you'll have the next installment using the Joy of Noel Bundle.  I knew as soon as I saw it in the new Mini Catalog this was a set I absolutely needed.  Well, to be honest, I didn't really need it, but I wanted it pretty badly!  😄 I've always liked the word noel and love the Christmas songs that use the word.  So why not cards too?

Today's card featured the lovely Joy of Christmas Designer Series Paper.  Isn't is just gorgeous?!  I love the different greens 'water-colored' onto this print.  I wish I could do painting like this.  But I can't, so I'm thrilled to have some lovely paper like this to use.  This card is also a new fun fold card for me.  I've made cards very similar, but this card has an extra score line that changes it a bit.

To start making this card, use a piece of Real Red cardstock that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  Cut off 1" from the end of the piece so it measures 7 1/2".  Score is at 3 1/4" and 6 1/2".  Fold in at the 3 1/4" line with the other score line on the right side of the card.

Cut your DSP at 5 1/4" x 3" and another piece at 5 1/4" x 3/4".  Attach the larger piece to the left side of your card front using adhesive.  The thin piece is attached near the right edge on the inside of the card, so it shows nicely lined up when the card is closed as shown here.

Next comes making the focal part of the card.  Stamp the noel onto Basic White cardstock using Real Red ink.  It was punched out with the 2 3/8" Circle Punch.  Next is a skinny framing layer of Real Red cardstock that was die-cut with the Deckled Circles Dies.  The next largest die cut a layer of the More Dazzle Specialty Paper for some sparkle and shine.  

The white layer is attached to the red circle layer with adhesive.  Then both are attached to the glittery layer with Dimensionals so it stays attached.

To attach this to the card front, I used Tear and Tape under the very right-hand side by the right edge underneath the O and L.  This is attached to the skinny layer of DSP only on the right of the card.  The other 3/4 of the circle just close over the card front without being attached.
To open the card, just fold back on the right-hand score line and it pops the focal piece upright to open the left flap and reveal the inside of the card.  Here's how the card looks when opened.

The inner piece of Basic White cardstock measures 5 1/4" x 3".  One of the sentiments from the Brightest Glow stamp set was used on the card.  It's stamped with Real Red ink.  Several holly leaves from the Joy of Noel set were stamped with Old Olive ink in two of the corners.  Berries from the same set were added with Real Red ink.  The holly leaves were colored with Old Olive Light and Dark Blends.

Closing the card, the Noel sentiment has three rhinestones added.  These are clear rhinestones that were colored with the Old Olive Dark Blends to match the card.  A double bow was made from two lengths of Parakeet Party Metallic Woven Ribbon.  It's attached with a Mini Glue Dot under the letters.  This gives it a little bit of subtle sheen.

I thought this picture from the top would give you a good idea of the fold and where the score lines go.  This back fold is a little bit different than anything I've done before, but it gives the card just a slightly different twist.

Thanks for visiting again and seeing the latest version of the Joy of Noel cards.  They've been fun to make and just given me more ideas to try with other cards too.   

If you ever have any questions about how my cards are made, feel free to call and ask.  I truly love helping others enjoy the art of stamping.  You can get more involved with your card designs than I do, or you can keep your them very simple and straight forward.  Either way, the idea is to have fun with your creating.  Then share them with someone else and spread the joy!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon 

2 comments: