Tuesday, September 12, 2023

All About Autumn in Moody Mauve

Hey there!  I don't know about you, but I am so ready for the weather to cool off a little.  I'd still like some sunny days mind you, but the heat has really been intense this summer and I've had enough.  So let's get on with the lovely, crisp fall weather here!  Trying to make my own fall weather, I've been making more fall cards with the All About Autumn 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper.  It also uses the Autumn Leaves Bundle for all the leaves decorating this focal point.  The Designer Paper is finally back in stock so make sure you order it soon in case it ends up on back-order again.  I've been holding off on posting a couple cards waiting for it to come back in stock, so let's get started with a super gorgeous fall card using Moody Mauve for the main color.  Yes, I know.  That isn't the color I think of for fall, but check this out and you might just change your mind!

Isn't this beautiful?  I just love it!!!  The mix of beiges, mauves, and grays is just fabulous!

Start with the card base of Moody Mauve that measures 11" x 4 1/4" and is scored at 5 1/2".  This makes the card a side fold which is a little different than usual. The middle layer for this card is Crumb Cake.  This measures 5 1/4" x 4".  It brings more definition between the DSP and the card base.  The DSP layer with all these gorgeous fall leaves measures 5" x 3 3/4" and is attached directly to the Crumb Cake with adhesive.  These layers are attached to the folded card base using Dimensionals.

Before I got started on the focal area, a 3" piece of natural ribbon from the Copper & Natural Ribbon Duo was added to the card front with adhesive.  Before attaching, a thread was pulled out from each end until there was about 1/2" fringe.

Now that the base is out of the way, on to the many parts of the focal point.  The sentiment is from the Autumn Leaves stamp set.  It's stamped with Moody Mauve ink onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.  It's punched out with the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch.  The layer behind it is Moody Mauve punched with the 2" Circle Punch.  They are attached using adhesive.

The leaves are a mixture of stamped and die-cut leaves from the set.  I stamped some with Moody Mauve both full strength and stamped off.  These were die-cut using the coordinating die from the set.  There are a couple leaves die-cut from the All About Autumn DSP - mauve with the copper design on them.  The small maple leaves and the larger oak(?) leaves are cut from the Oxidized Copper Specialty Paper.  (So gorgeous!!!)  The Crumb Cake branches are trees from the Horse & Sleigh Dies.  The small open-work stems are from the Darling Details Bundle and cut from Gold Shimmer Paper.  The leaves and branches were all built up and attached to the back of the sentiment layers.  After all the pieces were attached, the sentiment was attached over the ribbon using Dimenisonals.  At this time, the three little open-work stems in the gold shimmer were tucked in underneath the focal point and attached with adhesive.

The inside of the card is Very Vanilla to match the front.  I haven't decided on a sentiment in here yet.  Or I just might write a longer note instead.  We'll see...

The two oak(?) leaves attached in the corner were both die-cut from the same piece of DSP that had been used for the card front.  I added them so you can see both sides because I couldn't decide which way I wanted them to show.  Both of the designs together work out nicely and I like the mix.

Going back to the front of the card, I realized it could use a little more bling.  I guess the gorgeous Oxidized Copper leaves just weren't enough for me.  After trying all my different embellishments, I chose to use the Adhesive-backed Sparkle Gems in the Champagne (gold/copper) tone.  They seem to add enough extra sparkle without being too outrageous.  Yes, I like my glitz, but there is a limit as far as I'm concerned.  Yes, to each person his own tastes are the best.

Thanks so much for stopping in today to see what I have to share with you.  Feel free to leave a comment if you'd like.  It's always good to hear what you're thinking about my ideas.  I did mention that the All About Autumn Designer Series is back in stock.  I know several of you have been waiting patiently, so get it while it's available.  While shopping, check out the Online Exclusives, kits, and Clearance Rack that are available for you.  



And don't forget to look at the October Paper Pumpkin kit that you can pre-order until October 10th.  It looks like it's going to be adorable.  Create sparkling cards filled with warmth and light using the Home for the Holidays Paper Pumpkin Kit! 
Each kit comes with eight cards, four each of two designs, with festive coordinating envelopes. The shimmery details and traditional Christmas colors are sure to help you create cards that bring cheer and joy to any recipient. 
The kit this month also features special glitter glue! What a great way to add some extra twinkly details to your cards. And the best part? Your October Paper Pumpkin Kit will arrive in a beautiful box that coordinates with the theme and design of the cards in this kit. What a great way to bring inspiration to your crafting experience!  Subscribe by 10 October to get this cozy, Christmas village-themed kit!  Remember you can subscribe for just the one month or keep your subscription going until you're ready to take a break.   It's all about the ease of getting a crafting kit each month sent right to your door.  Ask me about information if you're interested.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment