Monday, November 6, 2023

Sneak Peek Times Two

Hello there!  Today I've got two cards that were made at the same time using one piece of 6" x 6" One Horse Open Sleigh Designer Series Paper.  But that's not all.  These two cards are also using the new Meandering Meadow Dies.  What are those you ask?  The Meandering Meadow Suite of products will be added to Online Exclusive lineup on the Stampin'Up!' website.  This is an awesome grouping of stamps, dies, DSP, and embellishments that you're gonna love!  And you can purchase any or all of this suite starting November 7th.  Woo Hoo!  That's why I figured today would be the perfect day to share this idea with all of you.

The first thing I noticed about this cool arched die is that it takes 3" of paper to cover the opening.  Instead of cutting a full 6"x 6" sheet, I cut it in half to get my first piece to use.  This is from the One Horse Open Sleigh DSP which is also one of those Online Exclusives.  And it's simply gorgeous!  I've already used most of my pack of this paper, so I was grateful to have a piece that looked perfect on this archway.  Did you notice the radiating hash marks around the archway?  This shows on both the inside (shown) and the outside of the die.  This will show up on the other project.

For this card, I started with a card base of Petal Pink that measures 11" x 4 1/4" scored and folded in half.  Next is a layer of Misty Moonlight cardstock that measures 5 1/4" x 4".  For some texture on this piece, I used the Exposed Brick Embossing Folder.  The die-cut DSP is attached to the center of this with 'green glue'.  

The next step was wrapping a length of Silver & White Sheer Ribbon around the two layers and tying into a knot in the front.  I like the sheerness of the ribbon, so the DSP print still shows through.  At this point, the layers are attached to the folded card front using Dimensionals.  I used six of them to hold the card layers up evenly.

As an accent, I liked the Adhesive-backed Snowflake Assortment for this.  The white snowflakes showed up nicely on both the DSP and the Misty Moonlight.

The inside of the card is a layer of Basic White that measures 5 1/4" x 4".  A sentiment is stamped with Misty Moonlight ink.  Some snowflakes from the Wishes All Around set were stamped in the corner with Petal Pink ink to coordinate with the card front.

Now on to the 2nd half of that piece of One Horse Open Sleigh DSP that is left over from this card.

Since I really liked the Petal Pink with this DSP print on the last card, I decided to stick with the same color palette.  

This time Misty Moonlight was used for the card base.  It measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored then folded in half.  For the next layer, I reverted back to the Petal Pink cardstock.  This measures 5 1/4" x 4".  That same arched opening was die-cut close to the top of the piece, so I'd have enough room for a sentiment.  Can you see the tiny hash marks surrounding the archway?  Such a cute accent!

The sentiment is from the Night Divine stamp set.  It's one of the few sentiments I had that really fit into that skinny space.  It's stamped with Misty Moonlight ink.

The leftover 3" x 6" piece was positioned behind the die-cut the opening to my liking.  Then it was trimmed top and bottom to fit without showing.  It's attached with adhesive to the back of the opening.  

The ribbon that ties around these layers is from the Copper & Natural Ribbon Combo.  It looks a little harsh on the card here because you really don't see the metallic shine in the picture.  That shine really changes the look in person.

The layers are attached to the Misty Moonlight card base using Dimensionals to give it some depth.  The other accent on this card is also from the Adhesive-backed Snowflake Assortment.  I thought the copper color went really nicely with the soft pink and dusty blue in the DSP.

The inside on this card was finished off in the same manner as the first card.   Why mess with a good thing?

There you have it.  Two cards that are similar, yet almost opposites that totally focus on the arched die and the lovely print from the One Horse Open Sleigh DSP.  The Meandering Meadow Bundle has a coordinating Designer Paper pack, but I'd been looking for another way to use this paper.  So why not mix & match?

Remember I mentioned that the Meandering Meadow is available on November 7th for everybody.  It's going to be one of my favorites because there are stamps and dies that can be used year-round, not just for a single holiday.  You can find it at the Stampin'Up! Online Exclusive section.  Click HERE to go directly to that page.  Happy shopping.  Look around and see what's new.  You might just find the perfect gift for a family member or friend.  Thanks for shopping with me.  I appreciate all orders!

Happy stamping and creating,

Sharon 

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to use this beautiful paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the arched window to look out on the glorious scenery! These two things really compliment each other!

      Delete