Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Another Flight and Airy Card

Hello friends.  What a gorgeous day we are blessed with today!  The sun is shining brightly even though it's rather cold outside.  I'm sitting here in front of the window with the sun's warmth on my shoulders.  What a perfectly wonderful day!  Since I had so much fun playing with the Flight & Airy DSP a while back, I thought I'd use some of that lovely Sale-a-bration paper again.  Let me know what you think of this one.

I chose two of the colors on the DSP to make this card.  Boho Blue is the 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" card base on this one.  There is a layer of Flirty Flamingo cut next.  This measures 5 1/8" x 3 7/8".  It is embossed with the Timeworn Type Embossing Folder for texture.

A piece of the Flight & Airy DSP was cut to measure 5 1/8" x 3 7/8".  I put a pencil mark on the left side at 1 3/4".   Then cut from that mark to the opposite bottom corner to cut a triangle piece off the DSP.  The left-over part was attached to the Flirty Flamingo layer using the "green" glue.  Make sure it goes right to the top and side edges.  If it overhangs any, just trim off with your Paper Snips.

With the corner of the paper you cut off, find a bird or two with flowers and fussy cut around them.  You can also cut extra flowers to add to the design if desired.  Set aside for now.

Wrap Linen Thread two or three times around the layers as shown.  Then finish off with a nice size bow.  This is then attached to the Boho Blue card base using Dimensionals.

The sentiment is from the So Sincere stamp set that can be found in the Online Store.  This set has 11 sentiment stamps that cover all your general stamping needs except for holidays.  I love it.  This has been one of my favorite sets for sentiments lately.  This sentiment is stamped on Basic White cardstock with Boho Blue ink.  It's punched out with the Heartfelt Hexagon Punch found in the 2024 Jan - April mini catalog.  

To fill in around the sentiment, several branches were punched with the Bough Punch (pg 148 in A. C.)  This punch has two different branches of leaves. I used a mix of greens for this - Garden Green, Old Olive, Soft Sea Foam.  These different green colors mimic the mix of greens on the DSP.

The green branches were tucked on top of the sentiment and attached with adhesive where they overlapped.  The fussy cut bird and flowers were the last thing to be added to the sentiment label.  This was also attached with adhesive to keep it a little flatter with all those layers of leaves.

The sentiment was finally attached to the card front using four Dimensionals.  This lifts up the whole sentiment layer and makes it stand out nicely.

The final touch for the card front is some Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels.  I love how these tend to pick up the colors they are attached to and match mostly everything.

The inside of the card is Basic White with a skinny strip of the same DSP print attached to the right edge to finish it.  It will give me lots of room to write my own note.  This is one of the cards I'll be sending out right away because I've been needing lots of get-well cards lately.  Need to make even more or else people need to quit getting sick.  I think I'd prefer it that way.

Ok, the first month of Sale-a-bration will be over in a few hours.  That leaves only one more month to go.  Make sure you get what you want before the items are gone.   Just a reminder that the Flight & Airy DSP I used on this card is one of the free items with a $50 purchase.  I think every single print from this paper pack is wonderful and a need-to-have item.  

I've heard a rumor that there's a surprise coming next month concerning Sale-a-bration.  Make sure you check back here for the info after the 1st of February.  

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! I like the coloring of those cute birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the DSP when I saw it in the catalog and had to get it. With each card I see using this paper, I'm liking it even more. Your diagonal cut works well on this and using cut outs from the piece cut off is really using all parts of it. Great job all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this DSP too, Connie! It's so happy and gives a nice feeling of spring. I hated to waste any of this paper, that's why I cut out the little bird. Every inch of this print is usable!

      Delete