Friday, January 12, 2024

Lots of Beary Cute Cards

 Happy Friday to you.  What a week it's been with the heavy rains, high winds, and flooding going on around here.  Today it's supposed to start in on more of the same.  Wish we would have gotten a bit of this rain in the summer when it was so hot and dry.  Is there some way to gather up some of the rain and save it for future reference?  Hmm.  Something to think about.  Before the rains started today, I made a quick trip to the Post Office.  I had a stack of cards to mail to the shut-ins from church.  It was a large stack, so I figured I'd be better off taking them there rather than waiting for our mailman to take them all.  Even though the cards were designed in December and some of the items are now retired, I figured you might like to see the cards that were mailed for January.

I love the wintry look of the card.  It's a good  fit for January cards, right?  Let's walk through the steps to make this card.

I started with a card base of Gray Granite that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored and folded in half as usual.  The layer with the Aspen Trees is Basic White Thick cardstock.  It measures 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  The die was laid in the center of this and run through my Big Shot.  I went through and back again to get a good cut on all the tree limbs.

The Balmy Blue print paper behind this is from A Walk in the Forest Designer Series Paper that was in the Winter Mini Catalog.  I liked how both this print and another snowflake print looked peeking through the trees.  This paper was cut at 4" x 5 1/4" so it's just a tiny bit smaller than the die-cut layer.  It's attached with adhesive at the edges and a few strategic places in the center of the die-cut.  Then it's attached to the card base with Dimensionals.

The bear is from the Beary Cute Bundle that wasn't carried over from the Winter Mini which is too bad in my opinion.  It was stamped with Basic Gray ink to give him a nice dark outline.  The scarf is from the same stamp set and was stamped with Balmy Blue ink.  It was punched out with the Bear Punch.

The sentiment is also from the set.  I love both the wording and the font used on this set.  (I'm hanging on to the set especially because of this sentiment.)  It's stamped in Gray Granite ink on a 1 1/2" x 1" strip of Basic White cardstock.

The bear is attached near the bottom with Dimensionals.  The sentiment is attached about the middle and on the left.  It's attached with Dimensionals also.

The added bling for these cards were three clear Rhinestone Basic Jewels.  I thought that they went well with the frosty feel of the card.

One last look at the stack of cards mailed out today.  It took a bit of time to assemble all of them.  I was thinking of you, Sue, when I was cleaning out all the bitty pieces in the trees.  I know you love your die-cuts, and so do I!

Sorry that most of today's card is using retired products.  But if you have the Beary Cute stamp set and punch, this gives you another idea on how to use it.  Thanks for stopping by to see what's being stamped today.  I need to get back to my new stamps and papers and get crafty!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon


2 comments:

  1. Very cute! That color combo is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb. Those seem to be the colors of a snowy winter day to me.

      Delete