Monday, February 19, 2024

Happy Easter Eggs

Hello there!  Are you having fun today?  If not, get out your stamps and paper and take a little creative break.  It always puts a smile on my face when I do.  When I was reading my emails this morning, I came across this Global Design Project Challenge that was right up my alley.  It is a color challenge to use Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Flirty Flamingo on a project.  Oh boy, what fun!  I haven't participated in a challenge in a very long while (years!), but I had to do this one.  Hope you enjoy the idea that popped in my head as soon as I saw the colors.  Let's get creative!

Here's the idea that was in my head as soon as I saw the color challenge.  Of course, with those colors, it had to be Easter, right?  The card starts with a Basic White card base that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored and folded in half.

The colorful layer is also Basic White that measures 5 1/4" x 4".  I used Blending Brushes and ink to do the soft background colors.  I started with Daffodil Delight ink on the bottom 1/3 of the layer.  Then added another third of Pumpkin Pie ink across the middle blending the edges together.  Last is the Flirty Flamingo ink across the top.  The colors reminded me of a sunrise and made me so happy to look at it.

No matter how many pictures I took, the background just doesn't show as vividly as the real card.  It's by no means really bright, just deeper colors - more saturated I guess you'd say.

After coloring this layer, it was embossed with the Basics 3D Embossing Folder set that is an Online Exclusive item.  If you don't have these, you might want to consider getting them.  This crosshatch pattern is one I use very often.  After being embossed, it's attached to the folded white card base with "green glue".

Now it's time for all the Easter eggs.  The Excellent Eggs Die set was used.  Only the smallest egg is used here.  One each of Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Flirty Flamingo cardstock was die-cut.  

All the little pieces were taken from each egg and set aside for a minute.  Thinking about a way to attach all the pieces back into the eggs, I decided to use a strip of white cardstock behind each egg, trimming the edges top and bottom from any white sticking out.  Lining up the eggs the way I wanted them displayed, I took the top and bottom cut pieces from the egg next to it and tucked them into the eggs.  The middle pieces were from the egg on the other side of it.  This way each egg has all three colors on it.  The eggs are each attached with several Dimensionals.
I found a nice Easter sentiment in the Throughout the Year stamp set.  It's stamped onto a 3/4" white strip.  I stamped it with Pebbled Path ink which is a warmer gray to go with the other warm colors used.  The Banners Pick a Punch was used to flag the ends of this.  It was attached above the eggs using Dimenisonals.

I wanted some flowers in white to accent all the color.  I found a die not only for the bitty flowers, but for some pretty leaves too.  These came from the Thoughtful Expressions Bundle.  I thought these pieces worked out nicely with the design.  Each of the flowers and stems are attached with Mini Glue Dots.

The finishing touch on this design was adding some of the Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels.  I only used the smaller ones and added five to the design.  That's more than I usually use, but it seemed to work here.

Thank you for stopping by today.  Please leave a comment to let me know what you think of my Easter eggs.  Hope you like them!  Just a quick reminder that the end of Sale-a-bration is just around the corner.  It's always lovely to get items for free, and there are a bunch to choose from right now.  If you don't have a demonstrator, I would love to be yours.  Let me know if you need help ordering.  Don't miss out on this great sale!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon 
sharoncarr50@gmail.com 

4 comments:

  1. I love that background - what a creative way to find another way to use the focus colors! The eggs are so cute and textural. The white flowers and leaves add just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. I'm glad you liked the mix of colors and textures. I too thought the white was a good touch against the colors.

      Delete
  2. I also love that background - the embossing but also the additional mix of the 3 colors blended lightly. The whole card s playful and happy colors. Another WIN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie. It makes me happy to know you like what I come up with creatively. You've always inspired me.

      Delete