Friday, February 16, 2024

Rocker Fun Fold Card

Hello to you on this fabulous Friday.  What a busy but very fun week it's been here - Bible study, Valentines Day, and lunch with friends.  What a jam-packed week and I loved every minute of it.  Too bad all weeks can't be as much fun!  Of course, if I was off running around every day, I'd never get anything accomplished at all!  And I really need creative time scheduled in almost every day to keep the creativity alive.  Do you find that if you are too busy to create for days on end, when you finally sit down, there's just no creative mojo anywhere to be found?  Is this just me???  Anyway, it has been a great week creatively for me, so I have another card to share.  I'd seen several rocker card ideas on Pinterest that piqued my curiosity and I had to give it a try.  For some reason I was in the mood to make a card with a little bit of quirkiness.  I need more birthday cards soon, so that's how this whole card got started.  Lucille, this one's for you!  Hope you enjoy...

Don't you love this sweet little bee?  And the movement on this card is awesome!  You've got the curved bottom, so it rocks.  Plus, the bee is on a wiggly base.  So cute!  When you try making a rocker card, I think you'll be surprised how easy it is and will want to make many more.  And one of the best parts about the card - it fits into a regular A2 envelope with no problem!

To make this card, I would really suggest having the Deckled Circles Die set.  This makes it so easy to get all the pieces die-cut to the right dimensions.  Let me give you a list of pieces to die-cut before we get started.
2nd largest - 1 pc of Basic White
8th largest - 1 pc of Basic White
11th largest - 1 pc of Basic White
13th largest - 1 pc of Basic White for the sentiment

Next, I cut the pieces of DSP for layering.  This lovely textured-looking print is rather overlooked.  It's from the Softly Stippled Designer Series Paper that is one of the Sale-a-bration free choices when you spend $50 or more.  If you haven't gotten this yet, you really should if you like soft and subtle patterns.  I've used several of these prints already and I find them very easy to work with.  Cutting sizes for the DSP is as follows:
3rd largest - cut only 1/2 of the circle to layer on the front
9th largest - 1 pc of DSP

Let's do the stamping before putting the card together.  On the second smallest white die-cut, stamp the stems from the Bee My Valentine stamp set using Parakeet Party ink - largest in the center and smaller one on each side.  Stamp the larger flower on the center stem using Sweet Sorbet ink.  Stamp the two smaller flowers on the side stems with Sweet Sorbet ink also.

On a scrap of Basic White cardstock, stamp the oval with Lemon Lolly ink.  The stripes on the bee are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  (I had to stamp mine twice to get really good coverage.)  Punch out with the matching punch.  Then the solid wings were stamped with Pool Party ink, then the outline was stamped with the Memento Tuxedo Black ink over the Pool Party.  These were punched out also.  Lastly, I stamped the heart with Sweet Sorbet ink and the antennae with Tuxedo Black ink.  Both of these pieces were punched out with the heart part of the matching punch.  

The birthday sentiment was stamped on the smallest die-cut using the Tuxedo Black ink.  The sentiment is from the Darling Details stamp set that I've used repeatedly.

Time to put this card together.  Fold the largest white circle in half to make the card base.  Measure the 1/2 circle of DSP to fit on this and trim off the top flat area if needed.  I ended up trimming about 1/4" on mine to make it fit nicely.  At this time, I would suggest stamping the inside of your card.  I waited until it was put together and that made it harder to do.  I had an old non-SU! stamp that had a cute sentiment that fit this card, so I used that.  It's stamped with Tuxedo Black ink.

Layer the smaller DSP onto the middle Basic White die-cut.  I used "green glue" so I could get it all centered properly.  Next, attach this to the folded circle card base.  Make sure you add the tape to only the bottom half of the circle, so it only attaches to the front half of the card.  I used Tear & Tape for this because I wanted a strong, heavy bond.

The bee is attached to the card front with a wiggly base.  These can be found online, or you could just use Dimensionals to give it some height.  If you have Wink of Stella, it would be perfect to add on the wings to make them appear more sheer and sparkly.  I ran out, so I'll add it later after I can get it ordered.  (Sheesh!  How could I have ever run out of Wink of Stella?!)

The sentiment circle is attached with a Dimensional on the left side.  One of the hearts I stamped is added under the sentiment with a Mini Glue Dot.  There are three pink sequins from the Adhesive-backed Sequin Trio added to the card.  One is the larger flower center in case you can't find it.  😉

That's my version of a Rocker Fun Fold card.  I'm sure there are many ways that you can make them, but this is my first attempt.  And I love this cute little card.  I was surprised by how simple it was to make.  As long as you have the Deckled Circles Die set, it's a breeze.  Don't forget about the Softly Stippled DSP that is a Sale-a-bration item.  This paper set is truly versatile, and you'll be reaching for it on many different projects.  Thanks for visiting.  If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.  Thank you!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon
email:  sharoncarr50@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. This is SO cute! I love the DSP for some subtle texture. I haven't tried, but I would guess that using the deckled edge circles would allow it to stand up and rock better than smooth edged circles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't try this with the plain circles yet. I did trim off one little pointy 'deckle' piece that made the card list to the right quite a bit. Who knew one little point could make such a big difference.

      Delete