Saturday, February 3, 2024

Simply Elegant Card

Hello friends!  Here we are in February and it's already sneaking on by.  I need to slow things down somehow so I can catch up.  It's a gorgeous day and we had the grandsons overnight.  Such fun playing UNO and dominoes with them.   Lots of silliness!  Before they came over yesterday, I was working on another card that could be a Valentine, or wedding/anniversary card.  I think it turned out really nice and elegant looking.  I hope you like this card and give it a try.  Believe me, it's very simple to make but packs a nice wow.

I think Very Vanilla always looks more elegant on cards, but that's my humble opinion.  So that was the starting place.  The card base is Very Vanilla that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  This is scored and folded in half.  Another piece of Very Vanilla was cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  To give this layer some texture and interest, it is embossed with the Countryside Blossoms Embossing Folder.  I tried to keep the central flower right in the center of the piece.

After embossing, I die-cut the heart out from the center using large heart from the Hooray for Suprises Bundle (pg 36 in Mini Cat).  This open-work die was perfect for seeing where to line up the embossed design inside the heart.

Next, I took a 6 1/2" length of the Gold & Vanilla 3/8" Ribbon and laid this across the front of the card and attached the ends in the back.  This makes the ribbon go across the cut-out heart shape, but it'll be hidden behind the heart.

The entire layer was attached to the folded card base using "green glue".  I wanted to make sure the layer and ribbon stayed in place.  The die-cut heart was centered over the hole and attached with several Dimensionals.  A length of the same ribbon was tied into a small bow then attached right next to the heart using a couple of Mini Glue Dots.  

Lastly was making the sentiment.  The love comes from a Paper Pumpkin add-on called The Love of Spring.  If you're a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, you can order this right now.  If you'd like to become a subscriber even for only a month so you can get this die set, I can help you with that.  Or there is a section on the Online Store where you can sign up.  Gotta tell you, I love this little die set and will probably use it often.

I die-cut the sentiment from a specialty paper called More Dazzle.  This can be found in the Annual Catalog on page 127.  The sparkle of this paper makes a lovely accent.   After die-cutting, I just peeled the backing and attached it to the card.  Easy Peasy!  

Can you believe that's all it takes to make this 'love'-ly card?  It really doesn't get much simpler than this.  Plus, you're getting this elegant card when you're done.  

Hope you liked this simply elegant card today.  Let me know if you try making this either as is or with your own special twist to it.  I love to hear from you!

Just a reminder about the added items available during Sale-a-bration.  If you haven't seen them yet, go to the previous post for the listing. Time is running out, but I bet you already know that.  Let me know if you need help with anything.  I'd be pleased to help you out.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. This is SO elegant! I think embossed color on color makes a subtle but beautiful statement and a touch of metallic adds that bit of extra richness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. Hope all is well up there. Stay warm!

      Delete
  2. I agree! Very Elegant! No extra color is beautiful and just gold accents give it a WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie. I always appreciate your thoughts.

      Delete