Friday, March 8, 2024

Another Latte Love Card

Hello Peeps (and I don't mean the marshmallow chicks and bunnies!)  Hope you're all doing great today, well actually tonight.  The day just got away from me so I'm doing this post a little on the late side.  I told you I'd have a fun fold card for you today and I didn't want to let you down.  This is a quick and easy fun fold to make, but I can't remember what the name of the fold is.  I guess you can call it whatever you want.

I don't usually make cards this bright, but the plaid was really cute.  So why not?  The coffee cups, sentiment, and the plaid DSP are all part of the A Little Latte Suite that is an Online Exclusive item.  The pieces can all be purchased as a suite or individually in case you don't want it all.  But they're all so cute, you'll probably want it all like I did.

I started with a Lemon Lolly piece of cardstock that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  This is scored at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4" to make the card base.

A layer of Pecan Pie cardstock was cut to measure 5 1/4" x 4".  To layer over this is the plaid DSP print that measures 5 1/8" x 3 7/8".  This will give you a very small outline of the Pecan Pie to help separate the yellow and the print.  

The largest of the Radiating Stitches Dies was used on the edges of the plaid DSP.  This look sort of reminded me of fringe on the edge of a woven tablecloth or placemat and really sets off the coffee cups.  After die-cutting, the plaid was attached to the Pecan Pie piece with adhesive.  

Next was attaching the layers to the card base.  I used three strips of Tear & Tape on the bottom half of the layers to attach this to the card.  This lets the card fold and stand up on its own.  

Here's a picture that shows how the card folds.  Can you see how it works?  With the two pieces only attached on the bottom half of the card, you make a little tent-type fold that stays upright.

Another sheet of the DSP is covered with these cute cups with the different shapes and colors.  I trimmed up these cups with Paper Snips to use on my card.  Actually, I ended up cutting most of that whole sheet so they will be ready to use next time I need one.  I chose three different colors that coordinate with the plaid.  The pinkish cup is attached flat to the card front.  Both the blue and yellow cups are attached with Dimensionals.

The sentiment is from the Latte Love stamp set that is part of this suite.  This was stamped on a Basic White piece of cardstock that measures 3/4" x 2 1/4" using Pecan Pie ink to match.  The corner is tucked under the yellow cup just a little and it's attached with several Dimensionals.

The mechanism that holds the card front upright is at the bottom edge of the inside of the card.  First a layer of Pecan Pie cardstock that measures 5 1/4" x 1 1/4" was cut.  This was attached to the edge of the inside with adhesive.  Make sure the bottom edge and two sides all line up nicely because they will show all the time when the card is standing up.

This sentiment for the inside is also from the Latte Love stamp set.  It is stamped on a Basic White strip that measures 11/16" x 2 1/8" using Pecan Pie ink.  (I know it's a really odd dimension, but that's what worked for me.  You can always cut it to fit what you want.)  There's is skinny layer of Lemon Lolly showing behind the sentiment piece.  This measures 2 3/16" x 3/4".  This is layered on to the Calypso Coral piece that measures 2 1/2" x 1".  These three layers were put together with adhesive.  Then lastly, they were attached in the center of the Pecan Pie strip using Dimensionals.  Now you can fold up your card and tuck it behind the layered sentiment to stand the card up.

For embellishments, I was going to use the swirl gems that are part of this suite like I did yesterday.  But because of the boldness of the plaid, they just got lost.  So instead, I grabbed the Opaque Faceted Gems that have a nice dark Pecan Pie color.  Unfortunately, these were a free Sale-a-bration item and are not available anymore.  I would love it if Stampin'Up! would add these to the Online Exclusives offerings.  I certainly hope you were able to get these as they're perfect for this whole suite with the colors of Pecan Pie, Lost Lagoon, and Calypso Coral which are all on this plaid.

Hope you like this quick and easy fun fold card.  If you don't care for coffee, you can always use this fun fold idea to make many more styles of cards just by changing up the colors and focal points.  If you make a card with this fun fold, how about letting me know what you made!

Be sure to check out my online store where you can find the wonderful Online Exclusive items that were used on this card.  

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. This definitely shows off this DSP and the Radiating Stitches truly is reminiscent of fringe - nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barb! I always appreciate your comments.

      Delete