Thursday, March 7, 2024

New Latte Love Card

Hey ladies!  I was so tickled when I open my last delivery and got a good look at the new Online Exclusive bundle called Latte Love.  Oh, my goodness.  The set is so darn cute, and the DSP is really gorgeous with it.  I'm really excited about this whole suite.  It could be changed up to make a cup of hot chocolate or tea instead of coffee.  Whatever you prefer.  It all coordinates so well that it will be a real treat to create with this!  I already made a couple of cards with the set, well mostly the DSP.  Today will be the simpler card, and tomorrow's post will be the fun fold.  And then who knows what will be next. 

Isn't this cool?  I love the hints of Petal Pink in the swirls.  It works so nicely with the Pecan Pie color.  Love it!

For this card, cut Pecan Pie cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" to make a base.  It's scored and folded at 4 1/4".  Next is the lovely layer of A Little Latte Designer Series Paper.  It measures 5 1/4" x 3 7/8".  The pieces shown are the same piece, front and back sides showing.  The piece is cut at 2 1/4" lengthwise to make the two separate layers.  You decide which side you want to see the most of on your card.  The pieces are attached with "green glue" (Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive).

Now, on to the focal piece.  The first thing was to cut out the cup from one of the sheets of DSP.  I love these ready-made cups on this sheet that you can just die-cut and go.  So quick and easy.  I chose the Calypso Coral cup with the artisan cream heart in the center.  This cup blended in nicely with the pinkish background.

I used the Perennial Postage die set to cut the Basic White label.  I wanted it to be close in size to the cup, so I used the 3rd largest rectangle die for this.  A Petal Pink layer was cut to frame this.  It measures 3" x 2 1/4".  Then a layer of Early Espresso was used to differentiate the focal point from the card base.  I tried Pecan Pie, and that just didn't work very well.  

The white layer is stamped with one of the sentiments in the Latte Love set.  It is stamped with Early Expresso ink.  The white layer is attached to the Petal Pink, and then to the Early Espresso layer using adhesive.

Two 1" pieces were cut from the Polka Dot Trim that is part of this same suite of products.  Each of these were folded in half and attached under the right side of the focal piece using Stampin' Seal.   This is a really sticky tape, so it worked well here even though the ribbon was a little heavy and stiff.  

After adding the ribbon, Dimensionals were added to the label and attached to the card front.  The die-cut cup was added to the bottom of the label with Dimensionals.

For little accents, three of the Adhesive-backed Swirl Dots were added to the card.  These little dots are also part of this suite and are the perfect addition here.  Actually, I think any one of the three colors in this embellishment set would work on this card.

The inside of the card has a layer of Petal Pink that measures 5 1/4" x 4".  On top of this is a layer of Basic White that measures 5" x 3 3/4".  

One last look at the card.  I love the simplicity of the card, but it still looks like there is plenty going on.  Definitely not plain!  I thought of adding some speckling on the Basic White layer on the front to match the speckles on the DSP, but that seemed to be too much.  It needed a little white space amid all the prints in my humble opinion.  

Hope you like this card idea.  If you like coffee (or tea or hot chocolate) it would be a fun set to use to create your projects.  This is my first attempt using this new suite and it was fun to do and I love how it turned out.  It really is a quick and simple card.  But like I mentioned in the beginning, tomorrow's card will be a fun fold.  Hope you come back for that one too.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon
.

3 comments:

  1. Well thought-out - I like the mini hearts echoing the heart in the cup. The touch of pink with the browns softens the look and then the adhesive swirl dots with the dotted trim adds so much texture and interest. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not being a coffee lover, it has got to be hot chocolate! And it is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's OK. Chai Tea? Hot Chocolate? It all works for me!

      Delete