Monday, April 29, 2024

More Translucent Florals

 Hello friends!  What a glorious day it is outside.  Blue skies with puffy white clouds, lots of sunshine, and warm weather too.  What the heck am I doing inside?  Well, I figured it had been a while since my last post, so here I am.  I was so happy to see that the Translucent Florals stamp set and matching dies will be in the new Annual Catalog.  But the pretty designer paper that matches it will not.  So, I have this last little hurrah for the DSP to share with you.

Besides being beautiful, one of the things I liked about the paper was that some of the flowers could easily be die cut for a quick card.  This card has both a die-cut paper flower and one that I stamped to use.  I think they blended well together to give me a fuller look.  (I was running out of flowers to cut from the DSP!)

I started with a Basic White cardstock base that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.  The DSP print piece measures 5" x 3 3/4".  It's attached to a Berry Burst cardstock piece that measures 5 1/4" x 4".  They are attached together with adhesive.  Then they're attached to the card base using Dimensionals.

The Blackberry Bliss flower along with the two leaves are from the DSP.  They're cut with the matching die.  The Berry Burst flower is stamped on Basic White and die-cut.  There are two single leaves and one double leaf set that are stamped onto Basic White cardstock.  All of the leaves are a mix of Granny Apple Green and Shaded Spruce inks.  The stamps were inked with the Granny Apple Green and then rolled gently on one edge into the Shaded Spruce ink.  This gives you the two colors that blended into each other.

The little open-work flower stems are a die-cut from the Darling Details set of dies.  I used the Soft Shimmer Specialty Paper Combo Pack.  This is in the retiring catalog, but I just checked and it's still available.  Two of the stems were die-cut from the Berry Burst color of glimmer paper, but only one of the Bubble Bath color.  The Bubble Bath stem was cut in two to make two small accents.

One more punched accent was added to the mix.  The Bough Punch was used to punch three of the flower bud stems.  For this I used Shaded Spruce cardstock.

The sentiment is from the Softly Sophisticated stamp set from Sale-a-bration.  I really like these sentiments, so I'm still using them even though they're not available.  The die used to cut the Basic White label is from the Thoughtful Expressions die set.  The sentiment is stamped on this with Gray Granite ink.

After all the pieces were ready to put together, I played around with the pieces to get something that was pleasing to me.  Both of the flowers and the sentiment are all attached with Dimensionals.  The extra leaves, flower bud stems, and shimmer flower stems were all tucked in around this and attached with adhesive.  

As a final accent to the card, I added three of the Glossy Dots in the Melon Mambo color to the design.  

There you have today's card idea.  I love the small floral print on the DSP as an accent for the larger flowers in the focal images.  I wish more of these items were carrying over to the new catalog, but I'm sure I'll find comparable new items to choose instead.  Hope you like this idea with so many old products that were used.  If you check your stash, you probably have most if not all of these items.  Yes, it's time to get them out and play with them while you still remember you have them!  If you're like me, you tend to play with the new goodies and forget about the good old standbys that were your favorites.  Next post, we'll go totally new - new colors, stamps & dies, embellishments.  What fun!  It's interesting getting the feel for new colors and stamps.  Come back and see what I've been playing with!  You'll be able to order from the new Annual Catalog on May 1st!  Are you ready??

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment