Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Country Flowers with New In Colors

Hello there.  Today's card is all about the new colors available in the new catalog.  I can hardly wait for tomorrow so I can place an order for some stamps that demonstrators could Not order yet.  How exciting!  I totally love the new In Colors this time around - Peach Pie, Pretty in Pink, Petunia Pop, Summer Splash, and Shy Shamrock.  They are all lovely and it was hard to decide what to create with first.  One of the items we could order is the Unbounded Beauty Designer Series Paper.  Just gorgeous!  So I picked a design I loved from the DSP and built my card around it.

Aren't these new colors just fabulous?  I couldn't wait to get creative with them.  This is the first card using these new colors, but it certainly won't be the last one.

Start with the new Petunia Pop for the card base.  It measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and is scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.  The Basic White layer really makes the DSP pop.  It measures 5 1/4" x 4" with the DSP layer measuring 5 1/8" x 3 7/8".  They're attached together with adhesive.  

Before attaching this to the card front, a 6-7" piece of the new Summer Splash 3/8" Bordered Ribbon is wrapped around the front and attached with adhesive to the back.  The placement of the ribbon is about 1/3 from the left edge.  This is all attached to the card base using Dimensionals.

The Basic White background label is cut with the Thoughtful Expressions die set.  There is a Summer Splash background added using a Blending Brush and lightly adding color to the center of the label.

The images are from the new Country Flowers Bundle.  To keep the colors softer, both the teapot and the flower images were stamped with Smoky Slate ink.  Stampin' Blends are used to color the images - Smoky Slate Light & Dark for the teapot, Summer Splash Light & Dark for the leaves, Petunia Pop for the tiny flowers.  The roses were a little trickier for me.  I wanted to color them with Pretty in Pink because there were small splotches of the color on the DSP.  But when I did, overall it didn't work out.  So over the pink, I added first Bubble Bath Blends, then very light touches of the Petunia Pop Light Blends.  It's amazing to me that I could layer up color on top of color and the cardstock didn't get messed up with all the coloring.  When I do this again, I might start with Bubble Bath and add the Petunia Pop to that and save myself from all the mixing of color layers.

Both the teapot and florals were die cut using the matching dies then added to the white layer with  Dimensionals.  Dimensionals were also used to attach the white layer over the ribbon and DSP.

Lastly, I wanted to add a sentiment.  This one is from the Wonderful Thoughts stamp set.  It's stamped with Petunia Pop ink onto Basic White cardstock.  It's die-cut with the matching dies.  To attach this to the card, the right side has a Dimensionals under it and the left side has a bit of adhesive.  This helps it lay flat on the card.

The last little bit needed to finish the card is the embellishments.  What would a card be without a touch of bling to make it happy.    These pinkish sequins are from the Adhesive-backed Sequins Trio.  With the iridescent finish on these they blend so well with multiple shades of pink.  I'm so happy they are carrying over to the new catalog.  They are one of my favorite embellishments.

I just wanted to share one more picture showing off these gorgeous new colors.  You'll probably get sick seeing these colors on my blog so often.  I'll make sure I play with all my other colors too.  Don't want them to feel abandoned!  LOL

Tomorrow, May 1st is the big day for being able to order from the new catalog.  Are you ready?  If you need any help with anything, please reach out to me.  I'm here to help.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon



No comments:

Post a Comment