Monday, August 5, 2024

Seaside Card

Hello friends.  I was talking to a friend the other day and she was telling me about spending time at the beach this week.  It got me thinking about beach-y type cards and I was off creating.  I do have to mention that I hope she won't be totally waterlogged from all the rain we've been having.  In the last 3 weeks, we've had rain every single day but one.  Sometimes maybe only 1/4", but several days it measured just below the 3" mark.  Whew!  Where's my ark?  Hope it's waterproof!  Anyway, let's get back to card making. 

The Seaside Wishes set with the coordinating Hybrid Dies and Embossing Folder have really beautiful detail on all the pieces.  I think it's perfect for a beach-y card.

To start creating today's card, I used Crumb Cake for the card base.  It measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and is folded in half.  Next is a layer of Pecan Pie cardstock that measures 5 1/4" x 4".  Then a layer of Petal Pink is cut to 5 1/8" x 3 7/8".  This is popped into the Seaside Wishes Embossing Folder and embossed.  After embossing, I used a Blending Brush and some Petal Pink ink to add some extra color to the embossed detail on the edges.  Then for just a little extra, I added a little Crumb Cake too.

To add some extra detail, the speckle stamp from this set was used with Petal Pink ink to add a little more color right over the detail around the edges of the design.  This layer was attached to the Pecan Pie layer using Tombow Liquid Adhesive.  Then it's attached to the folded card base using Dimensionals.

I used a Sponge Brayer that we used to carry to add Crumb Cake ink to the inside of the embossing folder.  When it's open, the ink is added to the side with the logo showing through.  I added the die that would cut out the sand dollars over the inked side.  I laid a quarter sheet of Basic White cardstock over this to cover, shut the embossing folder, then ran it through the embossing machine.  When it was opened, the three sand dollars had color added and were cut out.  I used a Blending Brush to add a little more Crumb Cake ink lightly to the design.  Then I also added just a little Petal Pink over this to add another layer of color.

There are two dies that cut the open-work shapes that I wanted to add to the design.  These were die-cut from Pecan Pie cardstock.

I wanted to add seaweed to the design, but didn't want to use the die from the set.  After looking through other sets, I found the airy "greenery" that I wanted to use in the Painted Lavender dies.  The larger leafy one was die-cut from Pecan Pie cardstock, and the two smaller stems were die-cut from Crumb Cake cardstock.  I really liked the look of these tucked in around the sand dollars.

The largest and smallest sand dollars were layered onto the card front using adhesive just in the centers of them.  The two Pecan Pie pieces were also added flat to the design with adhesive only in the centers.  I thought this made each of the pieces seem connected, but not smashed flat together.  The remaining sand dollar was added with Dimensionals in the center of this.

The sentiment used here is from the Unbounded Love set.  It's stamped on a 1/2" wide strip of Basic White cardstock using Pecan Pie ink.  Both ends are trimmed with Paper Snips into flags.  To carry the colors through all the design, a Blending Brush with Petal Pink ink was barely added to the edges.

The one stem of Pecan Pie was added to the left side using adhesive only down the center of the stem.  The smaller Crumb Cake pieces were added to the left and right side.  The right side was trimmed down to make it a little smaller.  

The sentiment was attached over these design elements using three Mini Dimensionals.

To finish off the design, three Adhesive-backed Sparkle Gems were added to the design for a little bit of sparkly bling.  These gems are so pretty with both facets and glitter.  Pretty awesome!

There you have today's card idea.  While I've been typing this, the rain has been pouring down in sheets of water.  And just as I've finished this, the sun has peeked out from behind the clouds, and everything looks so bright and clean.  This weather is certainly making it rough for anyone planning a vacation or even just a day at the beach.  Just wait, how long will it take before the rains are done and everything is too dry and we're outside watering plants again?   And life just keeps on.  So, enjoy some time creating and be happy.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. Great design! The colors really pull together and texture and layout work so well. I really like this card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie! I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. I love this card! I tend to stay with blues and greens when I do beach cards but this color combination is perfect with the sand dollars. The layering and the embossing adds wonderful texture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment! I agree with you on blues and greens for beach scenes, but this color combo just called to me for this card.

    ReplyDelete