Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Sophisticated Sled Christmas Card

Hello my friends!  What a beautiful day that God has made!   I will rejoice and be glad in it.  After many days upon days of rain and storms, we have bright, sunny skies and no rain in the forecast for today.  Hooray!   Let's enjoy it while we can.  

Today's card is focusing on the new Sophisticated Sled Bundle that is an Online Exclusive item.  I couldn't wait to give this a try.  It's so funny - I bought the set because of the skates, but I didn't even use them on my first card.  Oh well, don't worry.  I will get around to the skates soon.

The whole card idea started with another 3-panel card layout.  I did mention a post or two ago how much I like using this layout, and here I am using it again.  I hope you've used this layout.  It's fun and easy to make.  Depending on what DSP prints you use for the panels really effects the final look of the card.  For today's card, I wanted to try out the new Iconic Celebrations DSP that is another one of the new Online Exclusive items available for you.

Three panels were cut from the evergreen print.  They each measure 5" x 1 1/4".  I usually try to keep the pieces in order, and I thought I had.  But if you look at the prints, you can see they got totally mixed up.  Oh well, on this card it doesn't seem to be a problem.  Each of these panels are attached to the Basic Beige layer that measures 5 1/4" x 4 1/16".  I cut it just a little wider than normal to better accommodate the three panels.
TIP:  I use just a smidgeon of tape in the center of each piece of DSP to hod in place to get the placement right.  I pick up one at a time and use Tombow Liquid Glue to attach because it gives a little wiggle room to get it attached correctly.

This is attached to the card base which is Real Red.  The card base measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and is scored and folded in half.  The layer is attached to this using Dimensionals.

Making the sled came next.  The die for the runners was used to cut Basic Black cardstock.  I didn't want silver on the card, so this was my best option instead.  The two wooden parts of the sled were die-cut from Real Red cardstock.  All the woodgraining is part of the die, so it was very easy.  The red parts of the sled were attached to the black with adhesive.  I positioned outer strips from the Dimensionals sheet on each side of the sled to give it rigidity.  Then added some Mini Dimensionals along the top sled section.  Set this aside until you have the other elements ready.

The next thing to make was the wreath.  It's stamped with Mossy Meadow ink onto a Basic Beige piece of cardstock.  It is colored with Stampin' Blends:
Old Olive L - med. leaf clusters
Old Olive D - smaller leaf clusters
Soft Seafoam D - largest leaf clusters
Real Red L& D - berries
After coloring, I added a layer of Wink of Stella to the berries and only the largest leaves.  Then it was die-cut with the matching die.

The sentiment tag was next.  This is about 1/2" wide and 2 1/2" long strip of Basic Beige.  The sentiment is from the same set.  It's stamped with Real Red ink.  The ends were trimmed into flags with Paper Snips.

Now that we have all the pieces ready, let's put it together.  The sled and sentiment were positioned so they both fit nicely.  Both are attached with Dimensionals.  The wreath is attached to the sled with adhesive.  

The bow is from the Fan Twine Pack from 2-3 years ago.  I really liked the red and white look that was festive but sort of country looking too.  I used a 16" piece of twine folded in half to make the double bow.  It's attached to the wreath with Mini Glue Dots that are rolled to fit beneath the bow.


The last touch was a little bling.  After trying a lot of different options, I ended up with the Rhinestone Basic Jewels and colored them myself.  A Real Red Dark Stampin' Blend colored the gems before they were attached.  I really liked the little bits of red they added to the background.

Hope you enjoyed making the Sophisticated Sled card with me.  I've got more ideas for this sled, and I did mention earlier that I had to do something interesting with those skates too.  So, check back and see what I have to share with you.

I hope you've redeemed your Bonus Days coupons already.  If not, you can still do that until the end of the month.  Also, there is the 15% off sale on Designer Series Paper from the 2024 - 2025 Annual Catalog.  This runs August 6th through the 31st.  What a great time to do some stocking up on your favorite patterns.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment