Sunday, August 25, 2024

Spotlight on Nature in Mauve

Happy Sunday to you.  Hope you're relaxing and enjoying the weekend.  Today I have a card for you that focuses on the color Moody Mauve.  I really like the color but haven't used it in a while.  It was time!  There's a lot going on with this card with two layers of circles with designs die-cut into them, pastel images that are water colored, DSP, and some bling to finish it off.  Really, it has a little bit of everything.

I love how the Moody Mauve and white elements play off each other and show up so nicely.  I started with a Moody Mauve card base measuring 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored and folded in half.  

I had a piece of the Poetic Expressions DSP in this lovely mauve color in my stash already cut and ready to use.  It measures 4" x 5 1/4".  It's attached directly to the card base with adhesive.

Next the flowers, leaves, and butterfly images from the Spotlight on Nature set were stamped onto Basic White cardstock using Stazon Jet Black ink.

Each of the images were lightly colored with ink and Blender Pens.  The flowers are colored with a layer of Bubble Bath ink.  Then Moody Mauve was added for shading and some detail.  I made sure to keep the colors very light.  The leaves are all colored with Lost Lagoon and the Blender Pen.  Again, keep in very light.  The butterfly was based with Bubble Bath and just a few touches were added with Moody Mauve.  I love how I was able to get such pastel colors with adding just a touch of color with the Blender Pens.  

After the three pieces were colored, each of them was carefully fussy-cut with Paper Snips.  The sentiment is from the Spotlight on Nature set too.  It's stamped on a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Moody Mauve ink.  This was also fussy-cut.

The circle dies were cut next now that I knew the size of circles that I wanted.  The Basic White circle measures 3 1/4" in diameter.  The Moody Mauve circle measures about 2 3/4".  After die-cutting the circles, they were layered together with adhesive in the center area.

The leafy cluster was added to the circles to one side.  I used adhesive just down the center of the leafy cluster.  Over this, the flower stems were added.  Again, I only used a little adhesive in the center portion of the stems.  I added a Mini Dimensional under each flower to keep them in place.

The circles were added to the card front at this time.  They are attached using Dimensionals over to the left side of the card front.

The butterfly was attached with two Dimensionals to the right of the circles.  The sentiment was added using adhesive to keep it flat to the card.

I tied a double bow of white twine from the Baker's Twine Essentials Pack.  This bow used about 14" to make it.  It's attached to the flower stems using a rolled Mini Glue Dot to hold in place.

For the added bling, this time the Iridescent Faceted Gems were added.  I usually only use three on a card, but this card needed five to look right.

Almost done.

One last addition was made after I thought the card was already finished.  A layer or two of Wink of Stella would add some nice shine to the butterfly on the card.  This time I used two layers to really make it shine.  This picture shows what it looks like in the sunshine.  Oh my!  So pretty.

Hope you enjoyed this quick idea.  I love the layers of the circle dies.  These Spotlight on Nature dies are so pretty with the die-cut details.  What a nice addition having the details already part of the layers.

Okay, I'm trying to decide what to play with next.  Christmas or general?  Any specific sets you'd like to see (if I have them!)  Any thoughts?  I can't decide.  Hope you'll help with some input.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment