Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Magnolia Mood in Three Versions

 Hello, hello!  I decided to make a birthday card for a friend using the Magnolia Mood Bundle today.  It is a very simple card but still looks elegant.  At least, I think so.  Since it was so easy to make, I figured it would be a great idea to make a few more playing around with different color combinations.  You know I can always use more cards, so why not!  

The Magnolia Mood stamp and die set are found on the Online Exclusive items section of the shopping site. It's an interesting bundle in that the dies cut both outline images and make some lovely, detailed images that can be used as a stand-alone which I have done today.

To start, the detailed magnolia was die-cut from Basic White Thick cardstock.  I wasn't sure what colors I would use, so this could be set against the different shades to decide on the final card.  I wanted a delicate, feminine look to the card, so I decided on Soft Seafoam and Basic Beige with an accent of Basic Black.

The Basic Beige measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored and folded in half for the card base.  The Soft Seafoam was cut next.  It measures 4 1/2" x 3 1/4".  The Basic Black was cut to frame this at 4 3/4" x 3 1/2".

This sentiment comes from the Magnolia Mood set and was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I decided where the die-cut would go and stamped the sentiment to fit the area.  The Soft Seafoam layer was then attached to the Basic Black layer using adhesive.  These layers were then attached to the Basic Beige layer using Dimensionals.

The die-cut magnolias have adhesive on only some of the solid petal areas and left rather loose on the leaves.  It's added to the card front next.

The bling added to the card is from the Blooming Pearls.  There are three pearls added to enhance the magnolia image.  I loved the greenish tinge on these pearls with the golden accent overall.  A nice finishing touch.

Here is where I figured it would be fun to make some more cards just to see how this card layout would work with different colors of cardstock.  I was very pleased with the outcome, but also surprised with the colors. 

This is the second card in the series I made.  The card base is Blackberry Bliss for a nice, rich base color.  

Bubble Bath was chosen for the color of the top layer.  These two colors always work nicely together.  The sizes are the same for all three card samples, just the colors change.

In between the two colors is a layer of Gold Foil Specialty Paper.  I wanted to give this card some extra elegance, so I chose the rich colors with gold as the accent.  I think that worked out well.  

The die-cut this time is the gold foil to match.  I tried to fit the die onto the gold layer, but no matter how I twisted it, it was just too small to fit the die.  I hate having a large layer of the specialty papers covered over wasting all that lovely paper.  But sometimes, that's how it works.

A sentiment from the Spotlight on Nature set was used for the card.  It's stamped with Blackberry Bliss on the left corner.  The two cardstock layers are attached together using adhesive.  Then this is attached to the folded Blackberry Bliss card base with Dimensionals.  

Again, the die-cut is attached with adhesive on the more solid petals of the image.  

The added bling on this version of the card used the Adhesive-backed Pearl Trio in the rosy tones.  Love these with the colors of the card.

The last color combo I wanted to try was Pool Party with Pretty Peacock.  I always love these two together, so it should be a good match.

The card base is the Pool Party.  The next layer is Pretty Peacock with a layer of Basic White framed on top on that.

I had planned on using Pretty Peacock as the die-cut color, but after cutting it really didn't appeal to me.  So now what?  I found the Thoughtful Designs Specialty Designer Paper that I haven't gotten around to using yet. If you haven't seen it, it's a pretty ombre paper with a pearlized design on it.  I cut a piece from the darker end of the paper that measured 3 1/2" x 4 1/4" to die-cut the magnolia. 

I liked this print on the card which gives it even more interest.  It's attached the same way as the other cards.

Now, to the sentiment.  This was sitting on my table as a left over from another card.  For the life of me, I have no idea where the sentiment comes from even though I looked through my stamps.  Anyway, the Basic White strip is about 5/8" x 2 1/2".  It's attached with Dimensionals to the card front.

After trying several different embellishments on the card, the Basic Gray & Smoky Slate Pearls were chosen.  One of the larger pearls and two smaller ones were added to the card to finish.

It's funny how the first two cards came together with very little fuss.  The pieces just worked together so nicely and almost made themselves.  On the third card though, it was a struggle to find the right colors to work together and give me the look I wanted.  So much for quick making a few extra cards!  You never know how things will turn out.  But it definitely is a good thing to stretch myself and not use the same things over and over.  I'm glad I've finally used the beautiful Thoughtful Designs DSP.  It's so pretty and now I'll need to think of a way to use the other colors too.

Thanks for sharing your time with me today.  Hope you're inspired to get out your stamps and create!  It always makes me feel wonderful when another masterpiece comes together.  😏😏

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful set of cards - I especially like white with Soft Seafoam. The detailing in the die adds so much to this lovely flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Barb. That's my favorite combo too.

      Delete