Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Cards with a Guest Creator

Hey people!  Glad you stopped by.   With all the aftermath of Hurricane Helene, we were without power for six days.  I was worried about getting the cards for the shut-ins at church made in a timely manner.  While talking to my sister bemoaning the fact I was having trouble seeing to create the cards in the semi-dark, she offered to design and cut cardstock for two sets of six cards for me.  (I already had some ready to go so that was all I needed to have enough cards.)  The cards she made really turned out lovely and I wanted to share these with you.  Thank you, Connie!!  You are an absolute lifesaver.

The first one features the gorgeous Splendid Autumn 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper and Moody Mauve cardstock.  It's funny, when I looked at that particular print, I didn't really see much of the mauve in the colors.  But wow, does it ever work together beautifully!  The card base is a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Moody Mauve.  On this is layered a 5 1/2" x 3" piece of DSP.  It's attached near the left side with just a 1/4" of cardstock showing.

The Pretty Label Punch was used to punch a Very Vanilla label from a scrap of cardstock.  The sentiment is from the Grassy Grove stamp set.  It's stamped on the label using Moody Mauve ink.

The label is attached to the card front with Dimensionals for height.  I prefer to use Dimensionals on my sentiments most of the time, so they really stand out.

I'm not exactly sure which pack of embellishments she used.  But I'm guessing they are from the 2023-2025 In Color Opaque Sparkle Dots found on page 115 in the Annual Catalog.  Of course, I could be wrong, but these gems would work out nicely.
The 2nd set of cards she designed and provided for me also uses the Splendid Autumn Designer Paper.  Love these prints for fall!  For this card, she cut the Crushed Curry cardstock to measure 7 1/4" x 5 1/2".  It is scored at 4 1/4".  This shows off a good amount of the inside of the card for the design.

She cut two pieces of the DSP for the card.  The measurements are 5 1/4" x 2 3/4" for the front flap and 5 1/4" x 1" for the inside edge of the back to show.  You can see the design carries over and matches on the two layers.  Make sure to cut pieces that will lay side by side and match.  They are attached with adhesive.

The fold-over sentiment is a 5 1/2" x 1 1/4" strip of Crushed Curry.  The sentiment is from a non-SU! company.  It's stamped with either Cajun Craze or Cherry Cobbler ink.  I really can't tell for sure, but I'd guess Cherry Cobbler.  I think either one would work here.  It's scored at 3 3/4" and the extra is folded around to the back and attached.  

There are three golden-toned gems used to accent the card.  Not sure what these are either.  You need to use your best guess and find anything that works well with these colors.

Didn't I tell you she designed some beautiful cards for me?  It was fun going to Iowa for a wedding and meeting her and my brother there.  Four of us shared an Airbnb together and got to spend some quality visiting time together.  Plus, she brought the cards to me already to put together tomorrow with my ladies.  Isn't she just the 'bestest' sister ever?!

Thank you for stopping in and spending some time with me.  Hope you enjoyed the special cards today made by my guest designer, Connie Juengel.  It was my pleasure to share them with you.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. You were correct on the embellishments for the Mauve card. For the gold card, the ink was Copper Clay and the embellishments were retired SU Gold Rhinestones. Love helping when I can. Love you Sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Connie. I'm sure these cards will brighten the days for our shut-ins here. It's an important thing to let people know they are not forgotten.

      Delete