Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Hot Cocoa for Autumn

Hello Friends!  It's good to be back home again.  Wonderful visit catching up with family, but it's good to be home.  On the last post I made I said I had more cards made with the More Than Autumn Bundle that I wanted to share.  So that's what I have for you today.  Don't worry, I will move on to other stamp sets, but right now I've been having fun creating with this.

Isn't this a bright and happy card?  Love the color combo used here.  Definitely cheerful!  Let's start with a Lost Lagoon cardstock base that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored and folded in half.

There is a layer of Calypso Coral next.  This measures 5 1/4" x 4".  The So Swirly Embossing Folder was used to give this layer a wonderful swirly background.  It reminds me of a beverage swirling in my cup.  After embossing, the layer is attached to the card base with "green glue".

Next is a print layer from the A Little Latte Designer Series Paper.  This plaid print reminds me of a cozy flannel shirt to stick with the theme.  It measures 5 1/4" x 2" and is attached to the card base with "green glue".  I had a bit of the Lost Lagoon ribbon from a previous catalog left over that works great here.  The ribbon is right around 5" long.  I used adhesive to attach it to the card front lining it up with one of the plaid lines to keep it straight.

The cute mug is cut from another print from the same DSP pack.  It shows a brown liquid in the cup that I was using as hot chocolate for this card.  The stamp set More Than Autumn has a stamp to make a pile of marshmallows that fit perfectly in my cup.  The marshmallows are stamped with Crumb Cake ink and then die-cut with the coordinating die from the set.  They are attached over the top of the cup and then it is attached to the card front with Dimensionals.

The words are from the More Than Autumn set.  The top words are stamped with Lost Lagoon ink on a 1/2" strip of Basic White then trimmed to fit.  It's layered onto a Lost Lagoon strip that measures 5/8" x 2".  This is attached near the top of the card using adhesive.

The 'Hot Cocoa' is stamped with Pecan Pie ink on a 3/4" x 2" strip of Basic White cardstock.  It's layered onto a Lost Lagoon piece that measures 1 1/8" x 2 3/8".  The strip is attached at a slight angle under the cup using Dimensionals.

The final addition to the design was the bling of course.  I tried several.  Yes, I seem to have trouble deciding on what embellishments to add to my cards every time!  This time I chose to use the Opaque Faceted Gems in the Pool Party color.  I know there's no Pool Party on the rest of the card, but I loved the contrast here when I tried it.

Wish you were here so we could get comfy with a cup of cocoa and have a long visit.  But this is the closest we can come to that right now.  Just know that I'm thinking of you my friends and appreciate you so much!  Missing you too!

Things got away from me while I was out of town.  Stampin'Up! is having a 3-day sale October 7-9.  Unfortunately, today is already the 8th.  But you can still get 15% off all stamps in the Annual Catalog only.   If you have time, you might want to check your wish list and see if any stamps in the Annual Catalog need to be purchased by tomorrow.  Sorry for the lateness of this notice!

Thank you for sharing some time with me today.  Hope you like this cozy card and give it a try.  Any questions, leave a comment on the bottom or contact me at sharoncarr50@gmail.com.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment