Hello my friends. Are you ready for a cute little autumn themed card? I hope so, because that's what I have in store for you today. For some reason I just love a cute scarecrow come fall. It just seems the epitome of going to cider mills and apple orchards or going to pumpkin patches. Brings back sweet memories of fun times. I've got a picture of one of my little grandsons in a patch of sunflowers and a scarecrow that is one of my favorites. I'm sure he'd be embarrassed by it now, but I love it! When I saw the cute Fun For Fall stamp and die bundle show up in the Online Store at Stampin'Up!, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Here's the first card made with the set. Just stamping and coloring, no die-cutting the images.
Isn't he just adorable? He really didn't take much time to color at all, and you can change up the colors to fit your ideas. I have new plaid DSP on order that wasn't here yet. But I did have a piece of A Little Latte Designer Series Paper left over from last fall. I really love this plaid and was sparingly playing with it to make it stretch as far as possible. Isn't it the perfect match for this little scarecrow?
My first job was to find a die that would fit the scarecrow nicely. I used two sizes of dies from the Sweet Words & Labels set. The smaller die cut Basic White cardstock and the larger cut Pecan Pie.
The scarecrow and leaves were stamped with Pecan Pie ink. Then colored with a bunch of different Stampin' Blends:
Misty Moonlight, Lemon Lolly, Timid Tiger, Golden Glow, Granny Apple Green, Lost Lagoon, Petal Pink, Pecan Pie, Darling Duckling, Pebbled Path, and Bronze/Ivory
Whew, that's a lot of colors, but most of them were just a bit here and there. Of course, you can change colors to fit your design. I was trying to get most of these colors to blend with the DSP.
After coloring it all, the design was spattered with a Pecan Pie marker to break up the open white background.
The card base was cut from Pecan Pie to blend with the DSP. The plaid print was attached to the card base with adhesive. The two die-cut layers were put together with adhesive. Then they were attached to the card base with Dimensionals.
The tiny sentiment is from Fun For Fall. It's stamped with Pecan Pie ink then trimmed to shape. It's attached partially to the labels with adhesive and a Mini Dimensional added on the overlap part.
The inside of the card is a layer of Basic White cardstock. All the stamps here are from the Fun For Fall stamp set and were all stamped with Pecan Pie ink. The three of the hay bales were stamped stacked at the bottom. A scattering of leaves was added to the design. And we can't forget the two crows to finish it off. The same Stampin' Blends were used to color these pieces.
Again, the background was spattered with Pecan Pie ink for interest. It was surprising just how much those little speckles changed the look of the design!
To complete the design, a double strand of Linen Thread was tied into a bow and attached at the bottom of the die-cut layer using Mini Glue Dots.
Several of the 2025-2027 In Color Flat Pearls in the Timid Tiger color were added for a little bling. Even though the color listed on the DSP was Calypso Coral, I think the Timid Tiger color blended very nicely with it.
Well, what did you think of this little guy? Doesn't he make up into an adorable scarecrow? I had lots of fun coloring him to match the plaid. Now I'm waiting for my new DSP prints and plaids to get here to see how else he's going to show up next.
Hope you're inspired to get out one of your outline images and do a little coloring yourself. For me coloring is pretty relaxing and enjoyable. I should really do it more often.
Thanks for stopping in to see what's new. August is just around the corner, and the new catalog will be sent out soon. If you're one of my customers, please make sure you've told Stampin'Up! that you want to receive mailings from me so I can send you one!! There is no time like the present to start thinking about all your autumn projects. Oh my, maybe even Christmas too! I think I've totally missed out on Christmas in July to get a start on my Christmas cards. Guess I'll just have my own Christmas in August instead. You just never know what I might feel like creating! I hope you'll check in often to see.
Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon




No comments:
Post a Comment