Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Violets Fun Fold Idea

Hello friends.  I've been flitting around making cards for so many people having shoulder, knee, hip replacements lately.  Are we becoming a country of bionic people??  There is definitely a rash of them going on.  Why is everyone scheduling them now?  Something going on that I don't know about?  I have no idea, but it's been keeping me busy making and sending out cards.  I've been trying to send a card that reflects that person as much as possible, so they've all been one-of-a-kind.  One of the cards used the Framed Violets set and turned out really pretty so I thought I'd share it with you.

Because I wanted to use the Violets Dreams Designer Series Paper, the first order of business was to find an image the I could die-cut from the pretty prints.  The 5th largest die from the Everyday Arches die set was used to cut the image.  From this, the colors on the card were chosen.

The card base is Fresh Freesia that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4" to make the z-fold.

I chose the back side of the print which is a lovely soft stripe as the inner layer.  This measures 5 1/4" x 4".  It's attached with adhesive on the inside of the card.

Couldn't really find a print I wanted for the front fold-back section.  I ended up using this checked vellum print from the Berry Botanical Vellum that was a previous Product of the Month from a couple of months back.  I'm so glad I had some of this left, because it's the perfect contrast for the rest of the card.  It measures 1 7/8" x 5 1/4" and is attached with adhesive.

Two pieces of Basic White cardstock were die-cut with the 4th largest die from the Everyday Arches set.  One of them was used to back the DSP print that was already cut and one was saved for the inside of the card.

One of the white pieces and the DSP print piece were adhered together with adhesive.  Then they were positioned on the card front.  Dimensionals were used to attach this.  Make sure they are added only to the left side of the arch so there is no problem opening the card.

The sentiment chosen for the card is from the Prayers & Promises stamp set.  This simple sentiment was stamped on a 1/2" strip of Basic White cardstock.  Petunia Pop ink was used for this because it's a little darker than the Fresh Freesia, but it still blends nicely with the colors.  Then the edges were trimmed with paper snips to finish.  The final length is 2 1/2" long and it's attached with Dimensionals.

A Fresh Freesia 1/4" Satin Ribbon was tied into a bow and attached near the top of the front layers with Mini Glue Dots.

So far, I don't think this design needs any bling added.  I may change my mind when I write a note inside and I'm ready to mail it.  What do you think?  Any suggestions?

Back to the inside of the card.  Using the 2nd white arched piece I cut, another of the sentiments in the Prayers & Promises was stamped on this.  Petunia Pop ink was used again for this sentiment.

In the bottom corner of this white layer, a single violet was stamped as an accent.  This time I did use Fresh Freesia because it is a little lighter.

After the stamping, the layer was attached inside the card, making sure it won't show.   

TIP - Put adhesive on the back of this layer.  Open the card with the top flap folded back.  This way you can easily see the edge.  Lay the sentiment layer over this face down and line up the edges.  Then close the card.  The inside layer will be attached in just the right place.

One last look.  I just love the soft colors and the fun fold on this card.  Because the main image was die-cut from a DSP print, this card was made in no time at all.  Still pretty, but so easy to make up several of these for when needed.

FYI - Have you heard that Stampin'Up! is having a sale on selected Designer Series Papers and Cardstock?  This is going on August 4th - 31st.  You can click here to see what's available.  There are even some Two-Tone Cardstocks in the sale!  Stock up on some of your favorites or use this opportunity to try something new!

Another piece of information for you - there is a new Product of the Month also.  Check here to see how pretty this is!  It's going to be perfect for some of my fall-themed cards.  I'm sure you'll love it too!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment