Hello friends and happy fall y'all! I've made a sharp pivot away from summer and have jumped solidly into fall with the cards I've made in the last few days. That means I've got a lot to share and need to start in getting these posts written. Have you seen the Fun For Fall stamp and die bundle in the Online Exclusives yet? I love scarecrows so this set was a must-have for me. But when I got it and really paid attention to all the details included in the bundle, I was totally hooked. If you like die-cutting (yes Sue, this is you for sure!) you'll love this set too. This card features both the die-cutting and coloring to make a cute fall scene.
The card starts with a card base of Pecan Pie which is a perfect fall color. This is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and is folded in half. Next is a skinny layer of Basic Black cardstock that measures 5 3/8" x 4 1/8". On top of this is a layer of Golden Glow. This is such a lovely warm color and perfect for the card. The layer measures 5 1/4" x 4". These layers are attached together with adhesive.
Next is a layer of Basic White that we'll do all the stamping and layering onto before attaching to the card front. I started with Blending Brushes and both Balmy Blue and Old Olive inks. The blue was blended across the top two-thirds for the sky, and the bottom has a blending of Old Olive to look like grass.
Next the hay bales and crows were stamped onto Basic White with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. There were three bales and 5 crows stamped. They were colored with Stampin'Blends:
Hay - Golden Glow Light
Twine - Crumb Cake Light
Beaks - Daffodil Delight Dark
Bodies - Pebbled Path Dark (I wanted it a little lighter than black)
After coloring, these pieces were die-cut with the matching dies in the set. Then it was time to die-cut the rest of the pieces for the card.
Corn stalks - Old Olive cardstock (cut 4 times)
Ears - Daffodil Delight cardstock (cut enough to fit stalks)
Fence - Crumb Cake cardstock (cut 3 sections)
Before adding anything to the white layer, the sentiment was stamped near the top of the layer. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
The ears of corn were attached behind the greenery with a little dab of adhesive. Then 3 of the stalks were positioned on the left of the card and attached with adhesive. Then 2 of the fence sections were attached over the corn. Used adhesive for this.
Then the right side was worked on. First the 3 stacked hay bales were attached with adhesive. Then 3 of the crows were added. I didn't want to use Dimensionals, but wanted a little definition. So, each of the crows have two Mini Glue Dots rolled up and placed behind them to hold in place to add just a little height.
I couldn't resist the "hay there" sentiment, so it was stamped under the first sentiment. I'm still wishy-washy about whether I should have added it. But it's there now, so it's staying!
The white layer was finished so it was attached to the card front with adhesive. (I tried Dimensionals, but I didn't like it, so they were peeled off)
For the inside of the card, I thought it would be fun to have a mini version of the card front added inside too.
The bottom of the layer has a small band of Old Olive ink blended along this to mimic the front. I added the last corn stalk set to the right with the fence added in front of it.
The sentiment is another one from the Fun For Fall set. It's stamped with the same black ink.
I couldn't forget the last couple of crows that were left. They were added to the inside with Mini Glue Dots also. Then this white layer was attached inside the card to finish it.
There's no extra bling added to this card. With all the die-cut layers going on, there didn't seem to be a need for anything else. I think it would just get too busy looking.
Thanks for hanging out with me on this fall adventure. There will be a few more coming soon. Hope you're ready for fall. Since kids are back to school now, it seems to be the right time for fall themed creations.
Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon





No comments:
Post a Comment