Saturday, August 15, 2026

Quick Card Featuring Fall DSP

Hello again my friends.  Today's card is a very simple layered card featuring two new Designer Series Papers for are both fabulous in their own rights.  Both are fall themed, but they have a distinctly different feel to them.  It was fun to pair them together with this quick and easy card that was finished in minutes.  If you like this idea, but don't have either of these paper packs yet, why not try this design using what you have on hand.  Just work with two different prints that have a similar color palette.  Make sure one is a tiny print, and one is bolder - more of a focal point than a background.  Let me show you what I mean.

The part of this card I decided upon first was the soft monochromatic sunflower print from the Sunflower Fields Designer Series Paper.  Who new Cajun Craze could be such a soft color?  This piece measures 3" x 4" which makes it a good size to be the focal image.

Next, Cajun Craze was chosen for the card base.  It measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and is scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.

It took a few tries to decide on this interesting background layer.  It's from the Autumn Opulence Designer Series Paper pack.  It's a nice background by itself, but...
I've been reaching so often for my new Softly Woven 3D Embossing Folder that just came a few days ago.  Wow!  I love the texture this adds to the paper and either side works wonderfully.  After embossing, this was added to the card front using Tombow Multi-Purpose Glue to hold.
I thought of using Cajun Craze as a layer next.  But after trying, it just got lost in the design.  Switched to a layer of Basic Black and that worked very well.  It measures 3 1/4" x 4 1/4".  The two pieces were attached with adhesive.

A Black & Very Vanilla Large Checked Ribbon was wrapped around these layers top to bottom then tied into a knot.  I liked the check with the country feel of the design so far.

The sentiment is one of the pre-made sentiments in the Greetings for All Mix & Match set.  These greetings come either white on black or black on white so they're very versatile.  I chose this white on black sentiment, but it was just a little stark and didn't blend well with the warm tones of the card.  The Ivory Stampin'Blend marker was used to color over the white.  Now it fits the colors so much better.

The sentiment was attached over the ribbon with a strip of Dimensionals to hold in place.  And to keep the ribbon from wiggling around, a Mini Glue Dot was tucked under the knot.  Perfect.

The two layers were attached to the card front with Dimensionals.

Several of the Cajun Craze & Gold Dots were scattered onto the design for a little bling.  I know these are retired, but they were my first pick.  There are several other items that could work, so use what you think works best.

The inside of the card has a 5 1/4" x 4" layer of Very Vanilla.  The sentiment is stamped in black ink.  (It's retired, sorry!  I always keep all my sentiment stamp sets to use as needed)

A different print from the Sunflower Fields DSP pack was used as an accent.  This measures 3/4" x 4" and is attached with adhesive.  And the card is finished.  

It definitely took me longer to type out this post than it took to make it.   I love making these quick and easy cards that feature the DSP as the focal point when I'm in a hurry to get a card out in the mail right away.  This is for a friend whose birthday I almost forgot.  Oops!  But it's ready to go in the mail as we speak, just in time!

Thanks for stopping in again to see what's been going on here.  Seems like every day somewhere around 4-5pm or so we've been getting a gusty lightning and thunderstorm that might hang around an hour or two and then be gone. We've gotten about 1/2"+ of rain almost every day! Add that to our temps being in the mid 90's all week and things have been very muggy and uncomfortable.  On the bright side, I don't think I've ever seen our grass (aka weeds) look so lush and green in August before!  So, is that a good or a bad thing?  Depends on your point of view, I guess.  Anyway, that just gives me more of an excuse to get down into my stamp room and putter around.  Now, if I could just get all these posts done, I'd be really happy!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment