Hello friends! Hope you're doing well this week and getting a lot accomplished. I've been holed up in my stamp room and getting a lot done, but I'm doing an awful job of posting what I've been working on. Today is a quick card that lets the DSP do most of the work. Sometimes when I'm really crunched for time, that's the best way to go.
The Waterside Retreat Designer Series Paper seemed like the perfect feel for this retirement card. The card focuses on one of the multi-image sheets of DSP that need to be cut apart for use on cards. This print was actually bigger than a full card size, so it was trimmed down to fit. It measures 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" in size.There is a very skinny layer of Pecan Pie added behind it. This measures 5 1/4" x 4". They are glued together with adhesive.
Then they're attached to a folded Lost Lagoon cardstock base. The base measures 11" x 4 1/4" and is scored and folded at 5 1/2". Dimensionals were used here.
The sentiment used here is from the Sunset Coast stamp set. It's stamped with Pretty Peacock ink onto a 1/2" strip of Basic White cardstock. The ends are angle cut to finish. The sentiment is attached to a 5/8" layer of Lost Lagoon cardstock. They are attached with adhesive. Then the Lost Lagoon layer is angle cut to match the sentiment.For this design, I dug out my retired golden birds and dragonflies embellishments. The birds added a little glitz to the design without being over-the-top and too girlie.
The inside of the card has a layer of Basic White that measures 5 1/4" x 4".


No comments:
Post a Comment