Thursday, August 27, 2026

Another Radiant Sunflowers Idea

Hello my friends!  Are you tired of ideas using the new Radiant Sunflowers bundle yet?  I sure hope not, because this is turning into a real favorite with me.  I keep thinking up more things to do with this stamp and die set.  And then add in the pretty Sunflower Fields Designer Series Paper to really have a great creative palette to use.  I'm totally hooked on these products and keep coming up with more things I have to try.  Hang in there.  I'll be moving on to something else soon.  I promise!

I love all these muted autumn colors that are so warm and inviting.  This just puts me in the mood for pumpkin patches and cider.  Mm-mmm.  

I wanted to see how this worked with a Basic Beige cardstock base.  That base seemed to make it so much more muted than on either white or vanilla.  It's stamped with Early Espresso ink then colored with Stampin'Blends.

Sunflowers - Daffodil Delight Light, Golden Glow Light & Dark, touches of Crisp Cantaloupe Light

Centers - Pecan Pie Light, (R) dk brown, Crisp Cantaloupe Light

Flower - Golden Glow Light, Cajun Craze Light & Dark

Leaves & stems - Crumb Cake Light

After coloring the image, it was die-cut with the matching die in the bundle.

I wanted to use this checked print from the Sunflower Fields DSP as a backdrop for the image.  It's cut to measure 5 1/4" x 4".  For the card base, a half sheet of Golden Glow cardstock was cut.  This measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.

A 6" length of (R) Early Expresso Seam Binding ribbon was wrapped around the DSP approximately in the middle and attached in the back with adhesive.  Then a short length of ribbon was tied into a knot around this.  To finish the look on this ribbon, a length of linen Thread was wrapped around the brown ribbon then tied into a bow.  The look of those two together gave this a more rustic feel.

This layer was attached to the folded card base using adhesive.

The main image was added over the ribbon using Dimensionals.  The card looked a little empty with just the colored image added, so I improvised.  

The Fern & Flora dies have a pretty leafy stem that would fill in a little more.  I die-cut 3 stems from Early Espresso cardstock.  These were trimmed into smaller sections that tucked in under the main image and were attached with adhesive.

The same die set has a tiny die with 3 itty bitty flowers.  I used this to die-cut several tiny flowers from Cajun Craze cardstock.  I wanted a little extra color there, but not too much.  These were added to the leafy areas with just a touch of "green glue" to hold.  Did you notice those bitty flowers?

The sentiment used here is from the Banner Sayings stamp set.  It's stamped on a 1/2" strip of Basic Beige cardstock using Early Espresso ink.  Both ends were trimmed with scissors to finish.  In case you haven't noticed, I really like this stamp set.  All these little sentiments are so easy to tuck into a design, and they see to cover just about any occasion.

It's attached near the bottom of the card. This time Dimensionals were used to make the sentiment more prominent.

The final touches for this card are a few dark brown dots added to the design.  These are from the Earthy Matte Dots.  I think they're a nice touch here.

That's it for today folks.  Yes, I seem to be stuck on this Radiant Sunflowers bundle.  But I'm not apologizing here.  There are just too many ideas for using this bundle that I haven't tried yet.  But I promise I'll move on soon.

Hope you're excited about trying out some of the awesome new products coming out in the next catalog on September 1st.  I know there are a bunch of stamps, dies, and other goodies that I'm having fun with, and I know you will too.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment