Hello friends! Yes, I'm back again with another Painted Pumpkin card idea. These pieces - stamps, dies, and stencils - are so easy to use when creating. Unfortunately, they've become rather addicting also. This darling little card might be the last card I share using these products. Or not, if the mood strikes again! Today's card is a cute little 4" x 4" card. So adorable.
Before we get started, I've got to tell you the pictures have a real problem with the color integrity. I tried taking pics last night and again this afternoon, and the colors are less than stellar. I'll be posting all the actual colors I used, so go by that when trying to recreate this idea. Okay?
The idea for this card started with the new Tile Garden Dies. I think these decorative square layering dies are so much fun. The die I used is about 3 1/4" square. It cut one of the Sunflower Fields DSP prints leaving that cute border.
There were a few pumpkins left over from other projects. These are stamped with Early Espresso ink. Then the stencils were used with Crisp Cantaloupe, Pumpkin Pie, and a light layer of Crushed Curry inks. These looked nice again the DSP.
Because I wanted a small-sized card, Old Olive cardstock was cut for the card base. It measures 4" x 8" and is folded in half. (This is where you need to use your imagination - the green definitely doesn't look like Old Olive!)
There are several leaves and vines die-cut from the same Old Olive cardstock.
The design needed a brighter layer between the Old Olive and the Pecan Pie/Early Espresso print. A 3 1/4" x 4" strip was cut from Two-Tone Crushed Curry cardstock. (This cardstock is really much richer and golden looking than the photos suggest.) It was attached across the card front with the darker side showing. Then the brown striped DSP die-cut was attached to this in the center. Adhesive was used for these two layers.
The pumpkins, leaves and vines were arranged on the card front. Both of the pumpkins were attached with Dimensionals. The leaves and vines were tucked in, on, and around the pumpkins. They were all attached with adhesive.
The sentiment banner on the card is from the Thanks & Giving bundle. It's stamped on the lighter side of the Two-Tone Crushed Curry cardstock that I used earlier. It's stamped with Early Espresso ink. Then it's fussy cut with paper snips.
A Blender Pen was used to slightly blend in the fold back sections of the banner. Then the banner was attached with Dimensionals.
I tried several different forms of embellishments on this design and each of them I tried did nothing for the design and were not used.
The inside of the card is a layer of Basic White cardstock. It measures 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" square. One of the sentiments in the Thanks & Giving set was used on the inside here. It's stamped with Early Espresso ink.
At the bottom of the white layer, a 1/8" strip of Early Espresso was attached. Then a strip of Crushed Curry cardstock was added. This was the same Two-Tone Cardstock used earlier in the darker color.
An itty-bitty pumpkin from the same set was stamped in the bottom corner using Early Espresso ink. Stampin'Blends were used to color this in using Golden Glow, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive.
Then this layer was attached inside the card with adhesive. And that's it for this sweet little card. I will mail it out in a regular sized envelope. Using a different size envelope requires extra postage when mailing. So, if the card fits in a regular envelope, that's how I mail it.
I love sending out cards that are a little different and give the recipient a tiny surprise. Why not try a little different size for a change? This size of card is so cute, and this design took very little time to put together.
I want to apologize again for the strange color of green showing up on my pictures. Definitely looks more like Garden Green instead. I really don't know much about photography at all. I'm more a point and click kind of gal. It seems that the natural light coming in my windows doesn't care much for my photos and does what it wants some days.
Thanks for hanging out with me again today. I don't know about you, but I seem to be really stuck in the autumn-themed cards lately. Hope you're enjoying them as much as I am!
Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon




No comments:
Post a Comment