Hello stamping friends! Do you like autumn and especially all the pumpkins in the many sizes, shapes, and colors they grow in? I do, I do!! I kind of went a little crazy the last few days playing with the Painted Pumpkins bundle and those fun coordinating stencils. I seem to have a whole pumpkin patch growing on my worktable and now I'm creating cards with them. So much fun! Are you ready for a pumpkin patch visit? I've got five cards ready for sharing already, so instead of a separate post and going in depth on each one, it's going to be a fairly quick overview on each card. OK?
I'll start with this one. Using the stencils and Basic White cardstock, I made two batches of pumpkins. One batch was using just Crisp Cantaloupe for all three layers of stencils and darkened the color each stencil. On the last stencil, a little Pumpkin Pie ink was added to it to darken the color on some of the pumpkins. The fourth stencil makes the stems which I colored with Crumb Cake and just a tiny bit of Pecan Pie to darken. (The stencils can make 6 pumpkins at a time.)
After wiping and drying the stencils, I did the same thing with Crumb Cake ink on the layers of stencils. On the 3rd stencil layer, a little blush of Pumpkin Pie was added to a few like you can see on the front pumpkin on this card.
All the pumpkins were die-cut along with a bunch of leaves and curly stems. For the leaves on this card, Lost Lagoon cardstock was used.
A layer of Soft Sea Foam cardstock was stenciled with the all-over leaf background stencil using Soft Sea Foam ink.
The card base is Crisp Cantaloupe that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". The stenciled Soft Sea Foam layer measures 3 3/4" x 5". It's backed with a Lost Lagoon layer that measures 3 7/8" x 5 1/8". The two layers are attached together with adhesive then added to the base with Dimensionals.
All six pumpkins and the greenery were attached with adhesive, except for the front pumpkin which was popped up with Dimensionals.
The sentiment was stamped onto a 3/4" strip using Crumb Cake ink. It's trimmed and added to the card front with Dimensionals.
Several of the 2026-2028 In Color Butterflies were added to the design. I used the Crisp Cantaloupe and White butterflies for this card.
The next card is very similar in coloring as I was using more of the pumpkins made for the last card. This time, the Lost Lagoon layer was attached to the card front with adhesive. Then the stenciled Soft Sea Foam layer was attached to it with Dimensionals.
The fence from the die set was used to cut some Wood Grain Wonder DSP. This has not only the printed graining, but the die also has graining when it cuts. The sections of fence were attached with adhesive about an 1" from the bottom of the card front.
Then four of the pumpkins were arranged staggered in front of the fence and attached with Dimensionals. Lots of the Lost Lagoon leaves and curly stems were tucked in around the pumpkins and the fence.
The sentiment used here is from the Thanks & Giving stamp set that is an Online Exclusive set. I don't remember where I got the circular die from, but it worked. The sentiment was stamped with Lost Lagoon ink to match the leaves. This is popped up in the corner with Dimensionals.
I decided not to add any sort of bling to this design. It was nice as it was.
For this next card, I went back to the pumpkin stencils and made darker pumpkins. These started out with Pumpkin Pie ink for the three layers. Then some Cajun Craze ink was added on the 3rd stencil to add more depth to them. The stems were still Crumb Cake ink.
This time a batch of leaves and stems were die-cut from Mossy Meadow cardstock.
The card base is Crumb Cake cardstock. There is a layer of Mossy Meadow cardstock that measures 5 1/4" x 4". This was embossed with the new Softly Woven 3D Embossing Folder. This detail shows up so nicely here. It was attached to the card base with "green glue" to hold securely.
There is a layer of the checked 2026-2028 In Color Gingham Gallery DSP in Golden Glow cut. This measures 3 1/4" x 4 1/2".
Before attaching to the base, a 12" piece of Early Espresso jute from the Neutrals Jute Combo Pack was cut. Then it was unraveled to get three strands instead of one bulky one. This was wrapped around the DSP layer and tied into a knot. Then the layer was attached to the embossed layer with "green glue".
Next a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock was cut to 2 3/4" x 3". This piece has some splattering from Early Espresso ink and water mix and flicked on with a water painter. After it dried, a little Early Espresso ink was blended on the edges with a Blending Brush.
The larger pumpkin was attached with adhesive with the smaller one added with Dimensionals. The leaves and curlicues were tucked in around the pumpkins.
The sentiment comes from the Thanks & Giving set. It's stamped on Basic White with Early Espresso ink. Then fussy cut around the words. It's attached with Dimensionals.
Three of the Sunset Sparkle Sequins in an orange-y color were added to the design to finish.
I still had more pumpkins to play with yet. These are two of the Pumpkin Pie/Cajun Craze and one of the Crumb Cake with a blush of pumpkin on it. This time I die-cut Old Olive leaves and stems to use.
The card base is Golden Glow that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". The wood-grain print is from the Country Woods DSP in a weathered wood look. It measures 5 1/8" x 3 7/8". It's backed with a layer of Early Espresso cardstock. This measures 5 1/4" x 4". The two layers are attached with adhesive, then attached to the card base with adhesive also.
The three pumpkins are arranged on this, then attached with Dimensionals. The leaves and vines are tucked in all around them.
The sentiment this time comes from the Elegant Leaves stamp set. They are stamped with Early Espresso ink on a 1/2" x 4" strip of Basic White cardstock. This is layered onto an Early Espresso cardstock piece that measures 3/4" x 4 1/4". It's attached with Dimensionals.
A short length of a Neutral Jute Combo Pack in Pecan Pie is tied into a bow. The ends are frayed. Then it's attached at the bottom corner of the sentiment strip using a Mini Glue Dot.
Five of the Sunset Sparkle Sequins in the orange-y color are scattered around the design to finish.
Okay, we have come to the last design and the one I think I like the most. Two of the pumpkins this time are made with Pumpkin Pie/Cajun Craze inks. The middle one has Timid Tiger added so it's a little brighter. The leaves and vines are cut from Peaceful Pine cardstock this time.
The card base is Peaceful Pine cardstock. It measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". There is a layer of Country Woods DSP added. This measures 5 1/4"x 4". It's attached to the card base with adhesive.
There is a gate cut from another print of the Country Woods DSP that is quite dark but has a nice, weathered look. The fence section was not cut this time, just the gate. It's attached to the card front at the left side with the right edge not glued down yet.
One of the pumpkins was tucked partially behind the gate, then the gate was fully attached over this.
The other two pumpkins were attached in front of the gate using Dimensionals. The leaves and vines were tucked around the pumpkins and into the gate.
The sentiment is another from the Thanks & Giving stamp set. The words are stamped on a piece of Basic White cardstock using Early Espresso ink. It's die-cut with a small Perennial Postage die.
After die-cutting, a Blending Brush and Pumpkin Pie ink was added lightly around the edges.
A large bow was made from Linen Thread and attached behind the sentiment. Then Dimensionals were added behind to hold in place.
Several Low-Profile Sparkle Dots in the dark blue color were added to the design. I liked how the golden sparkles in the dots really tied in with the warm glow of the pumpkins.
Whew!! That was a lot to get through. I hope I gave you enough info to CASe any of these that you would like to try. If you have questions about any of these specifically, please feel free to contact me at sharoncarr50@gmail.com . I'm always happy to talk with you about anything I've made or any other questions you might have.
Thank you for spending your time here with me today. Yes, I've given you a lot to take in, but I truly hope you give this bundle of goodies a try. I totally love these stencils for coloring the pumpkins. It's so easy to add a blush of another color over what you've already made, and it changes the look so much. It's definitely something to play with and try combining different colors for these cool pumpkins. Time for a color play date!
Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon










No comments:
Post a Comment