Hey gang! Today I wanted to share my re-make of one of the cards featured in the new catalog. Do you ever CASE (Copy And Share Everything) a card when you get a new set and are trying to get a feel for it? My order came in and the Noel Tidings bundle was part of the order. I had all these ideas to try until it arrived and I promptly forgot my plans. Every once in a while, when I don't know where to start with a new set I'll CASE one of the sample ideas. Get your catalog handy and you can see the inspiration for this card. Check page 44 to see the inspiration, then read on and see how closely I ended up following the original.
Well, I started out following the card sample, and then I started doing my own thing by the time I finished. 😆😉 The card base is Pecan Pie. It measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and is scored and folded in half.
The fullest evergreen branch was stamped diagonally on the card front using Pean Pie ink. Set aside until ready to put the design together.
Next up is the Very Vanilla layer and the 1st change. I decided to use the new Tile Garden dies. These square dies are so like the Spotlight on Nature circle dies that I use frequently. The square I used measures approximately 2 5/8" x 2 5/8". On this was stamped the bare stem three times using Crumb Cake ink. Afterwards, all the little berries were added to the stems with the same ink.
Next a 3" x 3" square of Gold Foil was cut for layering behind the vanilla layer. The gold foil was embossed with the Softly Woven 3D Embossing Folder. I love this textured look with the foil. This is the 2nd change.
The gold foil was attached to the card base slightly at an angle using 'green glue'. Then the Very Vanilla layer was attached over this using 'green glue' also. The vanilla layer is attached straight on the design.
The same evergreen branch was stamped twice on Very Vanilla cardstock using Peaceful Pine ink. The middle-sized evergreen branch was stamped 3 times on vanilla also. These were all die-cut with the coordinating dies.
The season's greetings sentiment from Noel Tidings set was stamped onto a 5/8" wide strip of Crumb Cake cardstock using Pecan Pie ink. The words were cut apart at an angle, and the ends were angle cut to match.
The greenery pieces were arranged diagonally on the Very Vanilla layer. Then they were attached with adhesive.
Next the sentiment was attached over the center of the branches evergreen. Dimensionals were used for this to give the sentiment more prominence.
I thought the card looked too drab for my tastes. So, a splattering of Wink of Stella was used over the card front. This looked so much like snowflakes on the card! This was another change that I think added so much interest to the card.
The last change was adding a bow. I used a Gold & White Ribbon that I thought was still current, but it's not. Oops. This is a 3/8" woven ribbon that I cut in half lengthwise and made a skinny bow from it. It's attached to the top left corner of the vanilla layer. I liked this little bit of extra interest added here.
I thought about adding some form of gold-tone bling, but it seemed just fine without any more extras added to the design.
So that is my version of CASEing a card design. Yes, I follow the original idea to an extent, then I put my own spin on it. Don't feel you have to follow someone's design exactly. Have some fun with it and make it your own design. And if you really don't like what you did to the design, you can always scrap the idea, pull all the pieces apart and start over. Now that has happened more than once over here! 😆😆😆
Hope you enjoyed this little walk thru of this card design. Feel free to use this, or any other card I ever make, as a jumping off place for your own creations.
Are you enjoying perusing the catalog and getting lots of ideas to use? It's really a treasure trove of ideas that are waiting for you to try. Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with me at sharoncarr50@gmail.com
Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon




No comments:
Post a Comment