Hi friends! Do you ever get kind of stuck with one stamp set or one pack of DSP that you've just fallen in love with and keep going back to again and again? That seems to be my problem with the Radiant Sunflowers bundle and the matching Sunflower Fields Designer Series Paper. I like them both individually, but when you start pairing them up, I'm in sunflower heaven! So here we go with another card using two different prints from the DSP pack and of course, the sunflower stamp too. This just says fall to me so much. Hope you don't mind another idea with this bundle.
I love the mix of the printed paper and the hand-colored focal image. They just make me happy together.
Start with a Golden Glow cardstock piece that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". This is scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.
Next there is a layer of Cajun Craze that is 5 1/4" x 4". On this is layered the Cajun Craze print that measures 3 7/8" x 5 1/8". They're attached together with adhesive. Then attached to the folded card base with adhesive also. Looking good so far.
Next is the band that cuts across the card. The DSP is another print from the Sunflower Fields DSP. This measures 2" x 4". To make this strip stand out more, there is a layer of Cajun Craze cardstock underneath it. This measures 2 1/4" x 4". These are attached together with adhesive, then attached to the card front with adhesive also.
Rather than splitting the card in half, these layers are attached about 2/3 of the way down. I like that better than directly in half.
The sentiment label is one of the dies in the Radiant Sunflowers dies. It has die-cut a Basic White label to stand out on the card front.
The cute little hello sentiment is from the
Elegant Leaves stamp set. It's stamped with Cajun Craze ink in the bottom right corner. If you don't have this set, after a quick look at my sets, I noticed at least six other sentiments that would work here nicely. So, make sure to visit your stash for ideas.
Next the sunflower is stamped onto a piece of Basic White cardstock. This time I used Cajun Craze ink. The leaf was stamped three times onto Old Olive cardstock using Old Olive ink.
Stampin' Blends were used for coloring with these colors:
Petals - Golden Glow Light & Dark, Cajun Craze Light
Center - Crumb Cake Light & Dark, Pecan Pie Light & Dark, and a small touch of Cajun Craze light
Next the sunflower and three leaves were die-cut with matching dies. The sentiment label was attached with Dimensionals. The sunflower was added next with just one Dimensional in the center of the flower. The leaves were tucked in around the flower for accents.
The inside of the card is a piece of Basic White that measures 5 1/4" x 4". Before attaching, the two sentiments were stamped with Cajun Craze ink. Both of these sentiments are from the Botanical Expressions stamp set. I like how they work together for this card.
At the bottom is a 1/2" strip of the 2nd DSP print on the front of the card. It carries some of the design from the front to the inside of the card.
To finish off the design on the card front, several Moody Palette Dots were added to the design. I thought the old olive colored dots were more eye-catching rather than going with either a gold or rust color.
I hope this gives you more to think about when you take out your Radiant Sunflowers stamps and dies and the coordinating Sunflower Fields DSP. If you don't have these yet, you might want to get them on your wish list soon. I'm finding this combo just perfect for autumn birthday cards and get-well cards too. Thinking they might be good for some of my Thanksgiving cards too! Definitely a keeper in my honest opinion.
Thanks for stopping in today to see what's going on here. We've been back up in the 90's all week with no end in sight. I'm so ready for some crisp fall days watching the leaves change color in a glorious display. But all in all, life is very good and I'm not complaining!
Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon
No comments:
Post a Comment