Friday, January 7, 2022

More Rain Boots

Oh, my goodness.  Here I am with another Flowering Rain Boots idea for you.  Am I stuck on this set?  Well, maybe.  Do I enjoy making cards with this set?   You bet!  And if you read down to the bottom of this post, you'll see even more cards made with this set.  I really went overboard when stamping yesterday and made several cards.  Now it's time to get them posted.  Then I'll have to put that stamp set away for a little bit and find something else to obsess over!  😄 

This card is much bolder and brighter than the last card I shared.  It starts with a Crushed Curry card base that's cut to 11" x 4 1/4" then scored at 5 1/2" and folded in half. I used the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper that is a Hostess Rewards item from the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog.  There are so many fabulous patterns and color combos in the paper pack.  You can spend lots of hours just creating with this paper pack!  The colors for this card are taken directly taken from the print I chose to use.  The DSP was cut to a 5 1/4" x 2" strip.

I wanted to add a layer of the Granny Apple Green cardstock to accent the design and tried several different ideas.  The Brilliant Rainbows Dies has this lovely, scalloped edgework that reminds me of rainbows that is a perfect accent.  It's attached to the back of the flower print paper using adhesive.  Then it was attached to the left side of the card front.

The rain boots were stamped with Crushed Curry ink on Basic White cardstock.  The tulip leaves were stamped with Granny Apple Green ink and the flowers were stamped with Poppy Parade ink.  All the pieces were die-cut with the Rain Boots Dies.

A Basic White layer was cut to 3 3/4" x 2 3/4".  This will frame the boots and flowers to help them stand out.  The Granny Apple Green cardstock was cut at 4" x 3" to layer under the Basic White.  They are attached together with adhesive and then layered onto the card front with Dimensionals. 

The bottom edges of the tulip leaves are attached to the very top of the boots. All this was attached to the white layer with both regular and Mini Dimensionals.  The flowers were attached with Mini Dimensionals to the very tips of the stems.  I like the look of how the boots are slightly over the bottom edge, and the tulips are spread out over the top edge.  When stamping, many times I try to keep everything all tucked "inside the box".  Having these images creeping "out of the box" on this card is just aesthetically pleasing to me.

For adding a sentiment to the card, I chose the Special Moments for my sentiment.  This is one of the Level 2 Sale-a-bration items you can get for free when you've purchased $100 of regular merchandise from either the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog or the 2022 January - June Mini Catalog.  This is an awesome sentiment set that contains 21 sentiments that cover many every-day occasions.  Don't you love freebies are so versatile and useful?

The sentiment was stamped with Poppy Parade ink.  It was then die-cut using a small tag from the Ornate Frames Die set.  It was attached to the card front with adhesive by the leaves and a Mini Dimensional at the right end of it.

There is a double bow made from 2 strands of Linen Thread.  I kept it fairly small for this application.  It was attached to the tag with a Mini Glue Dot that was rolled into a small bar to hide under the bow.   That's the only 'bling' for this card.  It seemed happy enough already without anything more added.

The inside of the card needed a layer of Basic White for writing on.  This was cut to 5 1/4" x 4".   It looked way too boring as is, so a set of tulip leaves was stamped near the bottom right corner.  Granny Apple Green ink was used to coordinate with the front stamping and also the DSP print.  The tulip flowers were stamped again with Poppy Parade ink to finish it off.

So bright and pretty - it just makes me happy!

Are you ready for a few more ideas?  They're similar, and yet quite different.  There are different color choices used on each of them and slightly different layouts and die-cuts used too.  It's just so much fun coming up with different looks here.  You need to try these too.  Ready for more ideas???

Colors:  Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight, Just Jade and Pool Party
Sentiment:  Best Year Yet
DSP:  Sunshine & Rainbows (SAB)
Dies:  Rain Boots, Ornate Frames, and Layering Ovals (ret)
Extras:  Blending Brushes, Linen Thread








Colors:  Smoky Slate, Basic White, Misty Moonlight
Sentiment:  Flowering Rain Boots (only the top line of the stamp is used)
DSP:  Sunshine & Rainbows (SAB)
Dies:  Rain Boots, and Stitched So Sweetly
Blends:  So Saffron L & D, Daffodil Delight D
Extras:  2021-2023 In Color Jewels




Hope you enjoyed the post with the extra ideas added.  It really has been fun playing with the Flowering Rain Boots and Dies.  Yes, I really do love them!  Enjoy the ideas and let me know if you've gotten hooked with this bundle too.  I know I can't be the only person who loves this set.  Come on, let me know what your favorites are in the new 2022 January - June Mini Catalog.  If I have your favorite set already, I'll try to post an idea or two for you.  But I have to know what you'd like to see - so let me know.  Or I'll just continue to play around with anything that catches my fancy and that's what I'll post.  It's up to you...

Keep stamping and creating!
Sharon

3 comments:

  1. All the "boots" are lovely. Here we are still needing snow boots.
    But these boots definitely make one think if spring!! Ty for all the boot ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! Guess what? We're supposed to have snow here this weekend! My grandsons are so excited! Me, not so much. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, I see you all in the south east are forecasted to get some "wintery" weather
    Lucky you!! ❄️❄️ We are stuck with bitter cold and dreary!

    ReplyDelete