Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Flowering Rain Boots

Good morning everyone!   Since it's been raining here, a lot, I thought I'd play with the Flowering Rain Boots stamp set and dies.  A while back, there was a Paper Pumpkin kit that was all about rain boots and spring.  I loved that kit so much that I even got refills for it, and I hardly ever do that!  When I saw this set in the new 2022 January - June Mini Catalog, it was the very first set on my shopping list.  I'm so tickled with this, so I know I'll be using it a lot for my own cards.  And of course, some of those will be shared with you too. 

Here's one of the cards I made yesterday.  Doesn't it look like we're all ready for spring?  I'm sure those of you in the northern climates definitely have had more than enough of the cold and snow.  Unfortunately, I think there's still a lot more of that to come.

To make this card, I started with a piece of Thick White cardstock.  This was cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half.  Since I had already found the Friendly Hello Designer Series Paper print that I wanted to use, I took my color choices from there.  (The Friendly Hello DSP is part of a stamp and paper bundle in the Sale-a-bration Mini Catalog!  You can get it free when you spend $100 on merchandise from the Annual Catalog or the new Mini Catalog!)

I love the softness of the DSP print, and all the lines of squiggles in the pastel colors.  It reminded me of raindrops sliding down a window, so I just had to use it!  I chose to use Fresh Freesia as my accent color on the card.  This was cut to 5 1/4" x 4".  Because I wanted the Fresh Freesia color to stand out, the DSP was cut a little smaller at only 4 3/4" x 3 1/2". This is attached to the Fresh Freesia cardstock piece using adhesive.  A length of Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon was wrapped around and tied into a square knot off to the side.

The rain boots were stamped with Misty Moonlight ink on Basic White cardstock.  The daisies were stamped with Basic Gray ink on the white cardstock also.  The daisies were colored using Stampin' Blends - Fresh Freesia L & D, So Saffron Dark, and Highland Heather Light.   After coloring with the Blends, the boots and daisies were die-cut with the matching Rain Boots Dies.

I used a die from the Tasteful Labels Die set to cut a label for the sentiment.  The sentiment is from the Flowering Rain Boots set.  It's stamped with Misty Moonlight ink.  A little Fresh Freesia color was added to the edges of the label with a Blending Brush.  Love that small bit of added color!  

The boots were attached with adhesive over the ribbon.  The daisies were positioned above the boots and attached with Dimenionals.  The sentiment label was attached near the top right corner with Dimensionals also.  After going through my stash of bling, the Loose Flower Flourishes were picked as an accent for the card front.  Don't they match up perfectly?  They are attached with Mini Glue Dots.

The inside of the card got a bit of special treatment too.  The sentiment here is from the Sunny Sentiments set in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog.  I thought the font semi-matched the font on the front, and it really said what I wanted.  

To dress it up more, I used a skinny strip of the Friendly Hello DSP that had been cut off the front piece to make it smaller.  I just couldn't let that cute little bit go to waste now, could I?  It's layered onto a 1/2" strip of Fresh Freesia to bring all the fun to the inside of the card.

There you have it, a fresh, spring-themed card to get you ready for blue skies and warmer weather.    Hope this inspires you, and I hope you love the Flowering Rain Boots Bundle as much as I do.  I promise you I'll be making and sharing more ideas and projects using this bundle, because I think it's adorable!

Keep on creating and stamping.  And don't forget to share all your beautiful creations with others.  Get them in the mail!  Or just hand them out when you can.  Whatever works for you.

Blessings and Hugs,
Sharon

3 comments:

  1. Clearly you're having a lot of fun with these new materials! And I am thoroughly enjoying your blog. These boots are so iconic and the paper is just perfect. - BarbE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love these boots! Thanks for your lovely comments. Wish we were talking in person though.

    ReplyDelete