Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Paradise Palms Fun Fold

Hey everybody.  Glad to have you stop by today.  I haven't made a fun fold card in a while, so I figured today was the day.  I actually started out with a different fold, and I made a test card using all retired products.  It turned out so cute!  So then, I figured I'd make another one using all current products.  That's when things sort of went sideways in the planning.   I scored the fold in the wrong direction.  Oops!  Could it still work out somehow?  Ummm, not so much.  Needless to say, there are parts of the card stashed on a corner of my desk, and I moved on to another type of fun fold that could use a part of my other disaster.

The focal image on this card was made first.  The 2nd largest rectangle die from the Scalloped Contours Die set was used to cut a Basic White cardstock piece.  The trio of palms from the Paradise Palms stamp set was inked with markers to get the two colors on one stamped image.  Soft Suede and Old Olive were used for this.  They were stamped onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock, then were die-cut using the Palms Die set.

Checking the placement of the palms on the label, the sandy ground was stamped first using Crumb Cake ink.  The sentiment was stamped to the left and above the sand with Old Olive ink.

It needed a nice, warm sun to stay with the tropical theme.  It was stamped lightly with So Saffron ink on the top left corner.

The birds are the only stamp that isn't from the Paradise Palms set, but I think they fit in nicely.  They come from the new On The Horizon stamp set.  To keep them lighter to go with everything else, they were stamped using Gray Granite ink.

One of the fun new embellishments in the Mini Catalog are the Pebbles Enamel Shapes.  They come in 3 different shapes and 3 different colors and are just adorable.  Can I say that rocks are adorable?  Well, I think these are.  As you can see, I've used a few here to anchor the palm trees to the beach.

Now we need to make the card base for everything to go on.  I started with a half sheet of Old Olive cardstock cut down to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  This was scored at both 2 1/4" and 4 1/4".  This gives it the extra crease in the middle of the card front needed for this fun fold.

There is a piece of the Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Series Paper (available free during Sale-a-bration for a $50 order) that is used on the bottom half of the card front.  It's supposed to be a cloud look on Pool Party background, but I thought it could just as easily be waves on the water.  It was cut to 4" x 2" and is attached with adhesive.

The focal image was attached to the cardfront by using Dimensionals only on the bottom half of the image, so it stands free when the card is tucked in.  The happy birthday was stamped on a piece of Basic White cardstock that measures 3/4" x 1 1/2".  Old Olive ink was used for stamping this.  There is a 7/8" x 1 5/8" piece of Pool Party cardstock layered behind this using adhesive.  Lastly, 2 Dimensionals were placed behind the sentiment layers and added to the inside of the card.  This gives you just enough of a 'bump' to tuck the front of the card under to stand it up for display.  

This is called an easel card.  So now you know how easy it is to make an easel card.  If you haven't made one before, give it a try.  It's fun and makes an interesting change from your normal cards.  Let me know how you do!  If you have any questions about making this type of card, just get in touch with me.  Now I've got to get back to my other fun fold card that I messed up and learn how to do it right.  Sometimes practice truly does make perfect (or at least correct!).  Leave a comment to let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by again.  I really appreciate any and all feedback from you.

Keep having fun creating your masterpieces!
Sharon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment