Sunday, January 2, 2022

Sending Rainbows to You

Here it is already, 2022!  We have a fresh new year ahead of us.  Have you made any new year's resolutions?  My big one is to make a greater effort to stay in touch with my family and friends.  Sometimes I get off in my own little world and kind of shut the door behind me.  Well, I'll be working on doing a better job of staying connected and being there for my family and friends.  If you find me slipping, remind me.  OK?  One of my favorite ways to stay in touch is with sending cards.  Duh, as if you didn't know that already!  Today's card was made with that in mind.  It uses one of the new 2022 January - June stamp sets and a Sale-a-bration stamp set and a Designer Paper freebie too.  Lots of new goodies to play with.  Ready to have a Sneak Peek two days early?  Both of these catalogs go live on January 4th so you don't have a very long wait at all.

I figured this card would be perfect for letting someone know you were thinking of them and brightening their day.  What do you think?  The card uses a new set called Rainbows of Happiness.  I've always been partial to rainbows as they are a symbol from God to mankind that He would never destroy all of mankind again in a world-wide flood.  When still living in Michigan and having our basement flooding - not yearly, but way more often than I wanted, I always loved seeing rainbows.  They were a beautiful symbol of hope to me.
For this card, I didn't want a traditional fold, so I started with a Basic White base that was cut at 4 1/4" x 11".  It was then scored at 4", and at 9 1/2".  This gave me an asymmetrical gate-fold card to work with.  The designer paper is one of the free items from the Sale-a-bration catalog.  It's a perfect match for the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set and is called Sunshine & Rainbows.  This is a 6" x 6" paper pack with 48 sheets of playful prints that are bright and sassy.  Don't you just love these sassy prints?  It has both big, bold prints and some lovely, bright pastels too.  For this card I chose two different prints to coordinate.  The bolder, Misty Moonlight print is cut at 4" x 3 3/4" to fit the left side of the gate-fold.  The Mango Melody print is 4" x 1 1/4" for the right flap.  
TIP - When you're cutting this DSP, you need to be very aware of the direction of print.  For this card, you wouldn't want them going side-ways and looking weird.  Check twice before cutting!

Of course, I had to stamp a rainbow for the card.  Checking the size of the rainbow to the different dies, it fit nicely on the 2nd largest rectangle die in the Stitched So Sweetly Dies.  That was cut from Basic White cardstock for the focal point.

I decided to use the colors of the rainbows on the DSP print for my rainbow.  These aren't traditional colors at all, but they are fun (and matched too).  The largest color band is So Saffron.  Next up comes Pool Party.  This one also has the sentiment stamped over it in Misty Moonlight ink.  The 3rd band is Magenta Madness and the smallest is Petal Pink.  I added a few Magenta Madness teensy hearts over the rainbow to make it happy.  This was attached to a cut-to-fit rectangle of Magenta Madness cardstock using adhesive.  

When attaching the images to the card front of a gate-fold card, figure out where the left edge of the front flap is.  Do NOT attach your adhesive beyond this point.  I used four Dimensionals under the images only on the left side to attach this. 
After finishing the front, I felt it needed just a little bling.  There are three of the new Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels added.  You can really see from this picture how pretty those rhinestones are.  Just gorgeous!

When I got to the inside of the card, I might have gotten just a little carried away.  The sentiment comes from the Special Moments stamp set in the Sale-a-bration catalog that you can get free.   Lots of great sentiments in there!

Then I decided I wanted some sunshine inside the card.  This cute sunshiny guy is from the Sharing Sunshine set in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog.  Love how cute it is, especially with that smiley face.
There were two little strips of DSP left over, so why not add them to the card?  And of course, there just had to be more of those teensy little hearts added too.

That's it for today.  I hope you're inspired to try making a gate-fold card again.  Don't know why it's been a while since I've made one.  They're just so cute.  I need to make them more often.  (Along with all the other stuff I need to do!)  Stay happy and healthy.  And keep stamping and creating!

Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I'm anxious for my order to arrive, with this set.
    Monday I begin my card making!
    I'm going to case this card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Have fun making it and using that set. It has so many possibilities!

      Delete