Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Another Friendly Hello

 Oh my goodness!  I just checked and this will be the 5th card I've shared using the Friendly Hello Bundle.  Hmm, does that give you the idea that I like it - a lot?!  Today's version started out similar to yesterday's card, but quickly took a turn in another direction.  When I started playing with the Friendly Hello DSP that I had cut yesterday, I thought it would become the same card with 2 exceptions - different base color cardstock, and a landscape style instead of portrait.  No biggy.  But as I tried to work with it, nothing wanted to play nice.  So, even though those changes are still there, there are a few extras added in to make it happy.  Let's see what all the changes brought about.

Wow, doesn't even look like I had planned on making the same card at all!  This one starts with a Fresh Freesia card base cut to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half.  Like yesterday's card, there is a Basic White layer next, and a layer of Friendly Hello DSP cut to 3 3/4" x 5" attached onto this.  There is also the same 1" x 5" strip of Pool Party and white DSP is attached to the card front.  The ends are not punched but go right to the edge of the layer. 

As an added bonus, the little diamond-detailed strip was added to go across this.  This is from the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper that was retired a couple years ago.  I just have some bits left from it and couldn't throw them away because they're just too pretty as you can see.  I was going to use the white side, but when it was flipped over to add the adhesive, I realized the cream color was a softer look for the card. 

At first, I colored the bird on the DSP just like yesterday, but this one didn't stand out as much for some reason.  I had already stamped, colored with Stampin' Blends, and fussy cut a bird and flowers for another project that had been put on hold while I thought about it.  I held it over the bird on the DSP and realized they were a perfect match.  Now why didn't I know that before?  I also had a couple extra flowers colored and cut out to use as needed.  Well, this was the time they were all needed.  I love how they all work together even with the different tones for coloring that aren't part of the DSP colors.  The bird was colored with Balmy Blue Light & Dark, 2 flowers are Highland Heather Light & Dark, and 2 flowers are Fresh Freesia Light & Dark.  Flower centers are Daffodil Delight, but you can't really tell with the rhinestones over them.

The bird and flowers were all attached to the card front right over the original bird using Dimensionals.  The 2 extra flowers were tucked in a little under the bird's tail.  The focal point here still needed something else.  After looking for some type of delicate greenery to add, I remembered the Christmas Trimmings Die set in the Annual Catalog.  It has a spray of berries that is just what I was looking for.  There are 3 bunches cut from Fresh Freesia cardstock. I tried several green colors and wasn't happy with them.  So now I've got more "table trinkets" laying around for the next card marathon!

The sentiment is from the Celebrating You stamp set that I used yesterday.  Like I said earlier, it covers most sentiment needs other than the fall and winter holidays, so is a good useful and versatile word set to get.  It's stamped on a 1/2" strip of Basic White scrap using Fresh Freesia ink.  The Banners Pick a Punch was used to flag the ends.  It was then attached to the card front using Dimensionals.

Several of the gorgeous Iridescent Rhinestone Jewels were added to the flower centers for a pretty touch of bling.

I wanted the inside to be as pretty as the front, so a 1/4" strip of the lovely Pool Party and white print from the Friendly Hello DSP was attached across the bottom of the Basic White layer.  The strip was just a smidgeon too short, so I flagged one end.  Think it adds a cute touch.  

The sentiment is from the Friendly Hello stamp set.  It's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink off to the left side.  And at the bottom right corner, a small stamp with flower and leaves was stamped in Fresh Freesia ink for the final touch.

Hope you've enjoyed seeing the different way you can use the very same products.  With a change in colors and/or accessories used, the final project can look amazingly different.  Just take one of your stamp sets (or maybe a piece of DSP like I started with) and start playing around with different colors and layouts.  I know we all have our favorite layout ideas, but maybe try something different today. You just might be in for a pleasant surprise and find a new favorite layout idea!  Or maybe get adventurous and try a new fun-fold idea!  The whole premise of this is to have fun creating and have even more fun sharing those creations with your family and friends.

Stay warm my friends and create something beautiful!
Sharon
 

2 comments:

  1. I like the phrase "table trinkets!" So it's not just me...I have a small container on my work surface just to collect those trinkets and they certainly do come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Barbara and you on the "table trinkets"!🙂
    I have used this set quite a bit myself. Pretty cards Sharon.

    ReplyDelete