Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Love That Friendly Hello

 Hi there!  So glad you've stopped by for a short read.  Both today and tomorrow, I'll be sharing cards that use the Friendly Hello Stamp Bundle from the 2022 January & February Sale-a-bration brochure.  Yes, I know I've shared something already using this bundle, and I've made several cards that I've popped in the mail for friends that you haven't even seen.  I'm just having trouble putting this bundle down.  Since this is February 1st, that means there are only 28 more days that you can get this for yourself.  When you place a $100 order, you can choose this bundle as your free Sale-a-bration item.  The stamps are both solid and line-art, and there are 3 sentiments that are becoming favorites of mine.   And the Friendly Hello Designer Series Paper is just too wonderful for words.  I hate to get too mushy-mushy, but I really do like these prints and colors.  Just perfect for my taste.  Here's the card for today...

This is my first Easter card for the year.  I wanted to make the DSP the main focus on this card.  The print with the bird would be the perfect piece to use.  I actually cut two pieces of this with the bird front and center.  I'll share the other card tomorrow.

Pool Party cardstock was the card base used here.  It's cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half.  The next layer is Basic White cut at 5 1/4" x 4".  The layer of Friendly Hello Designer Paper is cut at 5" x 3 3/4". These pieces are all layered together and attached with adhesive for a more streamlined look.

Before layering together, Stampin' Blends were used on the bird very lightly to enhance the color already there.  Pool Party Light, Pale Papaya Light, and Crumb Cake Light were used to make the bird and branch images stand out just a bit more.

These pastel colors put me in mind of spring, so I thought this would make a nice Easter card.  The sentiment is from the Celebrating You set in the January thru June 2022 Mini Catalog on page 65.  That is a wonderful stamp set that has sentiments for everything but the fall and winter holidays.  This is definitely a keeper!  The sentiment was stamped on Basic White cardstock using Shaded Spruce ink.  It was punched out with the Double Oval Punch.  The scalloped oval part of the punch was then used on Pool Party cardstock to provide a nice frame for the sentiment.

There is a 1" strip of the Pool Party and White print from the Friendly Hello DSP added to the lower portion of the card.  It has the ends punched with the Banners Pick a Punch before attaching with adhesive.   This makes a good base for the sentiment focal point. 

Before adding the punched sentiment, it needed some kind of greenery around it.  The new Bough Punch from the January thru June 2022 Mini Catalog on page 26 looked to be the right size.  I punched out two sprigs of the larger one from Soft Succulent cardstock, and two of the smaller ones from Soft Sea Foam.  Though these two colors aren't technically part of the color array in the DSP, I thought they blended nicely with this very soft looking card.  These sprigs were attached between the Basic White oval and the scalloped oval that is Pool Party.  Then the whole sentiment bundle was attached to the card front with Dimensionals.

Of course, the card needed some bling at this point.  The new Iridescent Rhinestone Jewels were my first choice for this pastel card.  The iridescence of the jewels picks up whatever color they are next to.  Some have a peachier look going on and some look more pinkish or lavender.  Just simply gorgeous! Gotta say these are definitely my go-to bling at the moment.

So last thoughts... Don't forget to check out the Friendly Hello Bundle in the January-February Sale-a-Bration brochure.  It's a real winner and so versatile.  I'll have another version of this card tomorrow so you can see how just a few changes will give you an entirely different card.  That is part of what I like about stamping.  Every time you sit down to create something, even when using most of the same products, you can create something totally new and beautiful.  You don't have to own half of the catalog yourself.  (oops, did I say that out loud??)  You can still create lovely projects that are different each time and uniquely you.

Have a happy creative day!
Sharon

2 comments: