Thursday, March 17, 2022

It's All About the Peaches

Hi Friends!  I confess I got a little carried away yesterday while stamping.  I started out to make one birthday card for a friend who loves peaches.  Easy peasy.  Right?  Maybe not so much.  I got out the You're A Peach Designer Series Paper, the Sweet As A Peach stamp set and coordinating dies.  So far, I was right on track doing what I had planned.  I did design one card, then realized I could make two at the same time and I'd have an extra one for later.  Great idea!  Then I noticed several partial pieces of DSP and figured I ought to do something with them while all the coordinating tools were out. From there, well, just look at the picture and see what happened.

My original card is on the bottom right.  This design uses 1/2 sheet of DSP per card, so that's why I made two.  You can see the other one there in the pic.  The rest was all just having fun and using up pieces that were already cut or were scraps that I didn't know what to do with.  Oh yes, the card on the left only used a small 1 1/4" strip of DSP, but it also used some flowers that were already stamped and just sitting in my table trinket stash.  The black die-cut band on that card was just sitting around too.  I don't know what I originally cut it for, but I love it on this card.  I won't give you the directions for all of these cards, just the one I had planned on making in the first place.  Needless to say, there are many colors of cardstock, ink, assorted ribbons, dies, and bling used on these cards.  If you have questions about any of them, you know you can just ask.

This style of fun fold card relies heavily on the gorgeous Designer Series Paper to make it into a real wow card.  But it's very simple to make - which is just as important to me!  To make, start out with your choice of Designer Paper that you love the prints on both sides of the paper, and they don't clash.  If either of the prints have a definite directional print, pay attention to that while cutting.  Those are the most important things to remember when making this card.

Use one sheet of Designer Series Paper that is cut down to 5 1/2" x 12".  This paper will be scored at 1 3/4", 4 3/4", and 7 3/4".  (There are optional dimensions that I'll post at the bottom.)  The first fold is inward, next one out, and the last in inward again.

The front layers are cut with the Stitched Rectangle Dies.  I used the 4th largest for the Calypso Coral layer, and the 5th largest for the Basic White layer.  The white layer has the sentiment stamped in the top left area using Calypso Coral ink.  The other sentiment was inked up with the Calypso Coral marker to omit a couple words.  The leaves were stamped with Pear Pizzazz ink onto a white scrap.  The peach was inked with Pale Papaya ink and has Calypso Coral ink dabbed on with a Sponge Dauber to create a blush on it before stamping.  Both the peach and leaves were die-cut using the coordinating dies.

Both the peach and leaves were attached to the white layer with adhesive.  The layers were attached together with adhesive also.  Carefully planning out where the layers will go on the card, I used Tear and Tape to attach these layers to the front green layer only. 

There is a layer of Calypso Coral cut at 2 5/8" x 5 1/8" cut to fit the inside of the card without showing.  A piece of Basic White was cut at 2 1/2" x 5" to layer onto this after stamping a sentiment.  These are then attached to the inside of the card with adhesive.

You could add some bling if desired.  I know my friend is not a "bling diva" so I left the card simple and clean to match her tastes.

Oh yes, I did mention some alternate measurements.  If you cut your DSP to 5 1/2" x 11 1/4", your scoring numbers will be different.  They would be 1", 4", and 7".  Either card works well, just choose the look you prefer.  These other measurements are shown on the 2nd card I made like the one I shared.  You can see in the picture that you only have 1" for your front flap.  I prefer to have a larger flap to work with, that's why I chose to use the original measurements I gave you.

Have fun stamping and creating!  You never know just what you might come up with when you spend some time playing with your paper, inks, and stamps.  It's all good and a great way to replenish your card stash so you're ready when you need that card right now!! 

Just a reminder that the Mini Cut and Emboss Machine is on sale now this month along with a good number of stamp and die bundles.  20% off is an awesome sale!  Check on the Stampin' Up! website for the complete list.

And the Sneak Peek of the Waves of the Ocean Collection is available before the new catalog comes out in May.  Only the stamps and dies will be in the next catalog.  The Waves of the Ocean 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper, Blue Foils 12" x 12" Paper, and the Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels will not be available then.  They are only available until they are sold out!

Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been stamping lately.  Hope you're taking time to be good to yourself, relax, and get creative.  I've heard from a couple friends that it's 70 and sunny where they are.  So get out there and soak up some rays!  It's good for you - body and soul.

Many hugs,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment