Saturday, April 30, 2022

Goodbye to Queen Anne's Lace

 I feel sad as some of my old favorites from the retiring catalog are pulled off my shelves and decisions made about keeping or passing them on for others to enjoy.  This Queen Anne's Lace stamp set is one that I've been waffling back and forth on.  So why not make another card with it to share with you?  And that's just what I did today.

Most times I've used this set, I've chosen shades of purple and/or blue.  Today I thought I'd stick with just plain white and green for the card, but I don't think it's at all boring.  The card base starts with Mint Macaron cardstock cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  Since I wanted to use one of the Basic Borders Dies to give it a fun edge, I trimmed off 1/4" from the front edge to give me the separation I wanted showing.  The card base was scored at the regular 4 1/4" and folded in half.

Using the stitched zig-zag edge die, I cut the right edge about 1/2" in from the edge.  This gave me the extra piece to use inside the card later.

The Basic White cardstock piece for the stamped images was cut at 3" x 5 1/4".  The Queen Anne's Lace flower was stamped first in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  The stamp was cleaned and then re-inked with Smoky Slate ink.  Before stamping, it was off-stamped and then stamped down and to the left of the original flower.  The 2-step part of the set (the flowers) were inked with Mint Macaron, off-stamped, then stamped over the black stems.  Without re-inking, just huffing, they were stamped again over the Smoky Slate stems.  This gives a really nice shadowy image of another flower stem.  

I wanted just a touch of subtle bling added to the card, so I spattered the card with Wink of Stella.  Also dabbed a bit on each of the flowers.  No matter how many times I tried to capture it with my camera, it just didn't want to show up.  Talk about stubborn!  Sorry!!

This stamped layer was positioned on the card front and attached with adhesive.  I had a 1/4" strip of Silver Foil sitting amongst my table trinkets just waiting to be used.  Because of the colors on this card, I thought it would make a good accent across the stems.  It was trimmed to fit across and attached with adhesive.

I've been partial to the sentiments in this set because they have such fun fonts.  The 'hello friend' sentiment can be used for so many different reasons, so that's what I chose today.  It was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a Basic White scrap.  It was punched out with the Double Oval Punch.  Then the scalloped part of the punch was used on a piece of Mint Macaron cardstock to make a pretty frame around the sentiment.  The two pieces were attached with adhesive.  Then Dimensionals were attached to the back to adhere to the card.

The card looked a little bare, so I added some sprigs from the new Natural Prints Die set.  I cutout two small Mint Macaron sprigs, and one taller one from Smoky Slate cardstock.  These were tucked behind the sentiment layer.

A layer of 5 1/4" x 4" Basic White cardstock was cut for the inside of the card.  The Queen Anne's Lace stem was inked up with Smoky Slate ink, off-stamped, then stamped onto the bottom left of the insert.  This layer was attached inside the card base using adhesive.

To finish off the card on the inside, remember that piece that was die-cut from the front edge?   I used MultiPurpose Liquid Glue to attach this tight along the right edge of the card base, so it covers the edge of the Basic White layer.   Isn't that a nice finished look?

Well, it was fun making another card with this set.  It really didn't help me decide whether it was going into the keep or share with others pile.  Still thinking on that...

Hope you're having fun looking through the new Annual Catalog that you have.  Don't forget there's still two more shopping days left for the retiring catalog.  Don't miss out on something you've been thinking about and figure you'll get to 'later'.  Oh, you don't do that?  Hmmm, unfortunately I do, so I guess that applies to me too.  Have fun stamping and creating your masterpieces.  It really is better than therapy.  Plus you end up with cards to share with your friends and family.  Don't forget to get some of those wonderful cards you're making into the mailbox soon!

Blessings and many hugs,
Sharon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment