Sunday, May 1, 2022

Elegant Nature's Prints

 Happy Sunday to you!  Hope you were able to get to church today and refresh your body, mind, and soul.  I was not running at top speed this morning and walked into church a little late.  But oh my, it was an excellent sermon, so I'm glad I didn't miss it!  When I got home, I stood at the edge of our pond just admiring the goldfish and counting frogs.  I find it is so calming a peaceful for me to spend time with nature.  To my surprise, a little hummingbird flew right by me and inspected all the different plants there looking for something to eat.  I guess that means it's time for me to get my hummingbird feeder out of storage and out there feeding those lovely birds!  Since I've been thinking about nature today, it fits right in with the card idea.

Today's card features the new and fabulous Nature's Prints stamp set and die bundle.  Isn't it gorgeous?  Everything about this bundle in the catalog is shown in blue tones which is very lovely.  But I wanted to do a card in more traditional greens.  I started with a card base of Soft Succulent that was cut at 8 1/2" x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half.  Next was a panel of Gold Foil Paper that was cut to 5" x 3 1/4".  This was embossed with the new Fern 3D Embossing Folder.  This is just gorgeous the way the light plays off the embossing!  

I didn't want to cover it up too much, so the next layer of Evening Evergreen was cut thinner than I had originally planned.  It's cut at 5 1/2" x 2".  This is also embossed with the Fern Embossing Folder.  Still nice, but much more subtle.

The leafy images here are all from the Nature's Prints stamp sets and die cut with the coordinating dies.  The large, wider leaves were stamped with Evening Evergreen ink on Basic White cardstock.  A Water Painter filled with water was brushed over the leaves to soften and spread the leaf color before they were die-cut.   The smaller leafy stem was stamped with Soft Succulent ink and then die-cut.

There were other dies from the set used to cut the smaller stems from Soft Succulent cardstock and the taller stem from the Gold Foil Paper.  These were tucked in around the two main images.  

The sentiment is also from the Nature's Print set.  here are four sentiments to choose from and they all have two different fonts used on each sentiment.  That just makes them fun to use.  The words were stamped with Evening Evergreen ink on the Basic White cardstock piece, then fussy cut around the lettering.  

A small 4" piece of gold ribbon was trimmed and folded in half to tuck under the sentiment.  It's one of those treasures I have left over from last Christmas.  It seemed that the gold ribbon matched up nicely with the Gold Foil Paper.  Then I got some of the Gilded Gems to add to the card.  Again, the bright shiny gold just matched up perfectly.

That's it for today's walk with nature.  I'm so happy with how the card turned out.  I had made something similar using the Forever Fern set back a long while ago.  That sparked the idea, and I just went on from there.  Sometimes you don't need to look at other people's ideas, you can always CASE one of your own.  If you have a card that you made that you just love, take a good look at it and figure out how you can Copy it but with different colors or products.  It will make the idea fresh and new to you.    It's amazing how different two cards can look just because the colors are changed.  Or find a different stamp set to use instead.  Really, the possibilities are pretty much endless.  And FUN too!

Thanks for stopping in again to see what's going on here.  You've still got until the end of May 2nd to order from the old catalog.  Then it's on with the new!!  The new May 2022 - April 2023 Annual Catalog is live and ready for business on May 3rd.  So sit tight for another day if you want to order some of the new products I shared with you today.  I can't wait to share more new ideas and products with you in the coming days.  There's just so much to see and do and create!

Blessings this Sunday to you and your family!
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. The greens with the gold are lovely! The embossing adds so much depth and richness to the card. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments, Barb. You're right, the embossing really makes this card beautiful!

      Delete
  2. I think this is one of my most favorite cards ever. I love the colors and the gold that just sets it off. The stamp set is my favorite due to the Eucalyptus stems too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the card, Connie. Right now this is my favorite set too. Not sure about next week though!

      Delete