Saturday, August 6, 2022

Rustic Pumpkin in Neutral Colors

 Hi Friends, can you hear me laughing?  I'm just about rolling on the floor here.  I'm laughing at myself, or maybe I'm just groaning and rolling my eyes in amazement at how out of touch I am.  Not sure - could be both.  Think back the last year or maybe two to all the advertisements during the fall at the craft decorating stores.  Remember all the ivory and crumb cake, with a touch of teal decor ideas out there?  I always loved the look and this year I thought I'd jump on this look early for a Thanksgiving card.  Love how it turned out and couldn't wait to share it with you.  I got this bright idea to show some 'advertised items' from websites to go with my card.  But lo and behold!  That color combo isn't shown on any of the websites I checked out.  So the laugh is on me.  A day late and a dollar short here, but what else is new.  After giving my dilemma some thought, I'm going to share it with you anyway.  I still think it's a pretty card idea, and hope you like it too.  I might try to revisit the idea with more of an updated twist to it.  We'll see.   If not, hang on, I'll probably be sharing something else tomorrow.

To make this card, start out with a sheet of Very Vanilla cardstock cut to measure 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.  The 1st layer is Bermuda Bay and measures 5 1/4" x 4".  This is attached to the Very Vanilla card base with adhesive.

The next layer is Crumb Cake cardstock that measures 5" x 3 3/4".  This is run through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine using the new Leaf Fall 3D Embossing Folder.  You might have missed this in the July-December Mini Catalog, but it's a great embossing folder with lots of leafy details which you can see here.  You can find it on page 81.  After embossing, the Crumb Cake layer was lightly brushed with the Blending Brush and Crumb Cake ink to define the leafy detail more.  It's attached flat to the Bermuda Bay layer using adhesive.

The next step was die cutting the pumpkin pieces.  The Rustic Pumpkin Dies was used for this.  Two sections of pumpkin were die cut from Very Vanilla, the stem is cut from Crumb Cake, and the vine from Bermuda Bay.  Can you see all the cool detail on these pieces?  To make them stand out even more, a very slight brushing of Crumb Cake was added to each of the pieces before putting them together.  The middle section of the pumpkin has Dimensionals behind it to make it stand up from the back.  The stem is tucked under it.   And the Bermuda Bay vine is tucked in between.  Then the whole piece is added to the card front using Dimensionals.

The sentiment is from the Hello Harvest stamp set.  This is definitely turning into one of my favorite sets!  It's stamped with Bermuda Bay ink onto a Very Vanilla cardstock piece.  The banner used to die-cut the sentiment is from the Stylish Shapes Dies.  I think the sentiment fit inside perfectly and like the added detail of the pierced edging.  This piece also has just a slight brushing of Crumb Cake on the edges.  Then it's attached to the card front using Dimensionals also.

The last thing to add is the bling of course.  For this card, I used the Leaf Label and Amber Gem Combo found on page 83 in the July-December Catalog.  As you can see, the Leaf part of this wasn't used, but I liked the amber gems with this card.  They made a nice contrast with the Bermuda Bay accents.

That's it for today.  Hope you like this simple card.  I think it has an elegant feel to it.  It's a good Thanksgiving card (or anytime card really!) that's quick to make, but still classy.  

Just a quick Sale-a-Bration update.  As more items have sold out, Stampin' Up! has added new freebies to the Sale-a-Bration line-up.  Check for the updated list at the right of the blog page under "More to Sale-a-Brate".  Any changes will be posted there.  

Thanks for stopping in to see what's new today.  It's time for me to get back to my stamping table and move on to something else.  Hmmm, wonder what I should create next.  Any suggestions???

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. Elegant is exactly how I would describe this card! I love the colors and that embossing folder.
    Praying that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. I agree - the look is elegant.
      Still having issues with the meds not working sufficiently to keep my heart in rhythm. It's definitely slowing me down some. And thanks for all the prayers. God is good and knows just what I need!

      Delete
  2. Haven't been doing too much stamping ... Summer busy!!! But had a minute to hop on and LOVE this card!!

    ReplyDelete