Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Sneak Peek Hearts

Hello there!  When I got up this morning, I was thinking we ought to consider building an ark.  It was pouring rain and had been raining for several hours.  The creek behind our house was really over the banks - more so than we've seen it since we moved here.  I'm so thankful we live up on a hill, so we don't have to worry about flooding anymore.  If this was going on in Michigan, I'd expect water up to my hips at least.  Thank God that isn't the case anymore!  Wow, the rain is just absolutely crazy right now.  Today's post shares a cute little card featuring the Country Bouquet Bundle shown on pages 9 & 10 in the new Mini Catalog and the pretty coordinating 12" x 12" Country Floral Lane Designer Series Paper.  It's just so sweet.  Hope you like it.

Isn't it cute?  The card starts out with Sweet Sorbet for the base that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.  Next there's a layer of Basic White that measures 5 1/8" x 3 7/8".  A layer of the sweet Country Floral Lane DSP in Sweet Sorbet with teensy white hearts is next.  It measures 5" x 3 3/4".  This layer is adhered to the Basic White layer to give a very thin frame of white showing all around just to separate the two Sweet Sorbet colors.  Sometimes that skinny little frame is more effective than the larger 1/4" frame.

Before going any further with this design, I spattered this with Wink of Stella.  It's very hard to see this in any of the pictures, but the sparkle it adds is subtle and just right.


Next, I stamped the two hearts with Sweet Sorbet ink and the two leaves with Mint Macaron ink.  They are both punched out with the coordinating Country Bouquet Punch that is part of the bundle. 

I thought a circle shape would look nice under the hearts.  I had a leftover 2 1/2" circle in Mint Macaron from some Christmas cards I made.  Then used the 2nd largest circle from the Stylish Shapes Dies set to cut a stitched circle from Basic White cardstock.  These are just about the same size, so there was no layering here.  Instead, the Mint Macaron circle is offset quite a bit to show it off more.  They are attached together in the overlap area, then attached to the card front with Dimensionals.  The two hearts and leaves were attached to the circles with Dimensionals too.

The sentiments are from the same Country Bouquet bundle.  They were stamped on Basic White with Mint Macaron ink.  The words were fussy-cut instead of using a punch or die-cut.  The first part of the sentiment was attached flat at the top of the card.  The 2nd half of the sentiment was popped up with Dimensionals on the white circle.

The design needed something else.  I tried several ribbons, but they were too much for the design.  I was thinking of using White Baker's Twine, but then I saw the 2022-2024 In Color Baker's Twine assortment.  Oh my, this was just what I needed.  I used two strands of the twine to make the bow.  It's attached to the card front with a Mini Glue Dot.

For bling on this card, I remembered some small red and white tiny hearts from a couple of years ago.  They were the perfect touch and almost the exact size of the hearts on the paper.  When they were added to the card, they were placed right over the existing hearts.  Too cute!

So that's my first Valentine for the year 2023.  My goodness, I'm still trying to remember that we're into another year, and now I'm jumping ahead to Valentine's Day already.  But the Country Bouquet bundle and DSP are darling, and I wanted to make sure you saw it stamped up.  Now I'll have to make something with the set that isn't for Valentine's Day.  I'm sure I can think of something if you give me enough time!  😄 
    
Are you ready?  Tomorrow morning - January 5th - the new Mini Catalog and Sale-a-bration start!   I'm so excited to see what you like.  Let me know what your favorites are, and if I have the sets, I'll try to post a project using them.  Have fun!  If you have any questions concerning any of the products or Sale-a-bration, please contact me.  I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Happy stamping and creating (and shopping!),
Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment