Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Beautifully Happy Cards

Hello Ladies!!  Hope you're enjoying your week so far.  Have you been having crazy weather too?  It's gone from freezing to the high 60's in just a couple of days.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what's going on here.  If I need to go out, I have to actually go outside to see just how cold it is, and then check how cold it will be when I plan on getting back.  The other day the temps showed 37 degrees, but I was going out to a Bible Study where I'd be gone 2 hours.  By then, the temps were in the low 60's.  Just how are you supposed to dress for that?  I feel kind of a "weather schizophrenic" at times.  Is there such a thing?  Oh well, enough of this craziness.  

What I want to share with you today, was actually made over two weeks ago and I never got around to sharing it with you.  So sorry it's taken me so long to do this!  These cards use the Beautifully Happy stamp set that is part of Sale-a-bration.  It's a gorgeous, two-step stamp set that has lovely line art that you can use alone, or stamp with the 2-step images that fill in the lines perfectly.  Either way, it's just gorgeous!  I've made a handful of them and no matter the combo, I love them!

Each one of these cards has the same layout and the same stamps used.  In fact, the only differences are which of the Fancy Flora Designer Series Paper prints were used on the card.  I was only going to use one of the prints.  But as I put the finished image layer on each print, I couldn't decide which one to use.  Hence, we have a whole cluster of them to choose from.  Another weird thing about them, I used Flirty Flamingo and Mint Macaron inks to fill in the images.  Neither of those colors are listed as coordinating colors for the DSP.  So obviously, the Fancy Flora DSP is fabulous to use for many different reasons - not the least being that it's just plain beautiful!
So let's get started making these simple, but gorgeous cards.  This is the first combo I tried.  I love these colors together.  They just make me feel so happy!  Each of these cards were made in the same way.  Start with some Basic White Thick cardstock for the base.  I made them 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half.

Next the white layer was die-cut from Basic White cardstock using the Rectangle Stitched Dies. The 4th largest die was used for this.  The 3rd largest die was used to cut a Mint Macaron layer for it.  

I've found for using the fill-in stamps, the Stamparatus is invaluable.  After you get it lined up just right, it's so easy to just keep stamping! Place a scrap of paper where you will place your die-cut.  On one of the Stamparatus's hinged flaps, place the outline image where you want it.  On the other hinged flap, line up the floral part correctly.  Then pull the flap out, flip it around to the other side, and line up the greenery part of the image.  Then you can place your die-cut piece, stamp with the outline image, then stamp the two fill-in stamps in whichever order you prefer.   In other words, line up all the stamps correctly, then stamp away.  I used Basic Gray for the outline, Flirty Flamingo for the flowers, and Mint Macaron for the greenery.  You can make as many of these as you want in very short order.  In fact, they were stamping so nicely, I wish I'd have cleaned the ink off the stamps and tried several other color combinations.  Oh well, hindsight is always smarter.

See how nicely they stamped?  The white layer was then attached with adhesive to the Mint Macaron layer you die-cut already.  I chose to use a sentiment from the Country Bouquet stamp in the January-April Mini Catalog.  This sentiment allows for just about any other kind of sentiment inside the card.  Very versatile.  I wanted to stay with the stitching on the sentiment, so I used the smallest thin Rectangle Stitched Die to cut this out.  The sentiment was stamped with Basic Gray ink to give it a less harsh look. 

The pretty Designer Papers were cut at 5 1/2" long and 3" wide, so they go top to bottom on the card front.  They are attached to the folded Basic White Thick card base using Tombow MultiPurpose Liquid Glue.  I found this worked well for easy positioning of the DSP.  The two layers for the focal image were attached using Dimensionals.  The sentiment layer was attached with adhesive on the right side and a Dimensional on the left side to keep it level.

For an accent for these cards, I used the pink Polished Dots.  Sorry!  Yes, I know they are retired, but I liked the very soft pink toned color with these cards.  Sometimes you just need to use what you like, whether it's current or not.  

Now let's take a look at cards made with some of the other gorgeous prints in the Fancy Flora DSP.



As you can see, I was having so much fun making these cards.  There's even more that I made, but I thought this might be enough to get you thinking about this idea.

If you don't have this Beautifully Happy Sale-a-bration stamp set yet, you're sadly running out of time.   It's only available until the end of this month or it's sold out, whichever is first.  But happily, this gorgeous DSP is in the Mini Catalog so you have a little more time to stock up on this.  You won't be sorry you did!

Thanks for hanging out with me today.  Hope you enjoyed this gorgeous handful of cards.  It was so much fun making them, I had trouble stopping!  

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment