Saturday, February 25, 2023

Irresistible Blooms

Hey!  Hope you're doing great today.  I've been playing with the Irresistible Blooms again.  Love that whole suite of gorgeous papers, stamps, dies, just all of it!  It seems so different than other sets.  Mostly because of those two "dotty dies" - the lines of dots that remind me of a beaded curtain, and the circular frame with dots.  Both are so unique and I'm having so much fun creating with them.  You're going to want to play with these goodies too.  Just a few more days and this suite will be available to you as an Online Exclusive, along with even more items that I don't even know about yet.  Can hardly wait.

Here is today's creation.  The colors here make it look so soft and misty.  Don't you just love it?  I hope so!  I've mentioned earlier that Stampin'Up! is bringing back the retired Lost Lagoon color when they do a color revamp on the next Annual Catalog.  Did I mention that I love that color!  Oh yeah, I guess I did.  Lost Lagoon is one of the major colors used on this card.  The die-cut layer is Lost Lagoon, the leaves are water-colored with that color, and the sentiment is stamped in that color.  Yes!  Let's get making it.

The first thing I did was cut the Lost Lagoon cardstock and die-cut it.  It measures 4 3/4" x 3 3/4".  Yes, that's an odd size for a layer, but I wanted to do something a little different.  The circular frame with dots was cut from the center of this piece.  

A piece of the new Hello, Irresistible Designer Series Paper was cut approximately 3 1/2" x 4" to fit behind the die-cut frame.  Adhesive was applied to the back of the frame only right near the frame, not the outside edges of the piece.  I did NOT put any adhesive on the dotty circle area either. 

Next a card base of Soft Sea Foam was cut.  It measures 10" x 4", scored at 5" and folded in half.  The layers that we just worked on are attached to this with Dimensionals.

The two different flower stamps were stamped on a Shimmery White cardstock scrap using VersaMark ink.  This paper is found on page 140 in the Annual Catalog.  I chose it because it's a little more forgiving when you're water-coloring and adding layers of ink and water.  The three sets of leaves were also stamped with VersaMark ink.  A coating of White Basic Embossing Powder was added to these pieces, then the excess was tapped off.  Carefully heat set with the Heat Tool so all the embossing powder melts but doesn't burn.  It's a little hard to see white on white, but I love this technique.

The images were water-colored with the Water Painter found on page 129 of the Annual Catalog.  While painting them I went outside of the lines because I didn't want a white cardstock edge competing with the white embossing.  For the flowers a Calypso Coral ink pad was used to create varying colors.  The leaves were water-colored with Lost Lagoon ink.  Both the flowers and leaves had touches of Daffodil Delight ink added to them.  After painting them, touches of Wink of Stella were added for shine.  Then all the pieces were die-cut using the coordinating dies.

The sentiment used is also from the Irresistible Blooms stamp set.  It's stamped on Basic White cardstock using Lost Lagoon ink.  Then it was fussy cut and ready to use.

The flowers and leaves were slightly curled with a Bone Folder to give a little dimension.  Then were arranged to my liking on the card front.  Most were attached with adhesive to be fairly flat.  The smaller flower was added with a Dimensional in the center.  The sentiment was tucked into the flower cluster and attached with Mini Dimensionals.

To stay with the dotty theme going on here with the DSP and the die-cut frame, some Loose Frosted Dots were scattered across the card.  I used both the pink and yellow ones and the three different sizes.  The larger ones are attached with a Mini Glue Dot.  The other two sizes are attached with just a touch of Multi Purpose Liquid Glue.

The finished card measures only 4" x 5", so it's smaller than usual.  I will still use a regular Medium (A2 size) envelope to mail out.

Thanks for stopping by to catch another sneak peek of this lovely new Online Exclusive stamp set bundle that will be showing up on the Stampin'Up! website on March 1st.  Just in time for all of your spring and Easter cards.  It was fun to heat emboss a project today.  I love the look and don't know why I keep forgetting to use it.  Maybe I need to just leave it sitting out on my work-table instead of putting it away.  Hmmm, what do you think?

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. Love the dots and the beautiful soft colors. The flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! This new stamp and die bundle is one of my very favorites that I've ever worked with. So interesting.

      Delete
  2. The dies sold this set to me... And the paper😍

    ReplyDelete