Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Fun Fold Scenery Card

Hello stamping friends!   Hope you're having fun creating lately.  I've gone back to the lovely One Horse Open Sleigh Designer Paper for my inspiration today.  It's an Online Exclusive that's available right now.  If you don't have this yet, you really should consider this purchase.  The winter scenes shown on this paper is just gorgeous!  I have trouble cutting into it because I don't want to miss any of this goodness.  But cut away I did, and I love the card that emerged.  So simple yet elegant, and super quick to boot.  When you need all those Christmas cards to fill your list, this card is a winner.

You've got this wonderful wintry look as soon as you pull it out of the envelope.  I hope you can see the pretty white snowflakes sprinkled across the card.  They just add a subtle touch to the finish of the design.  Are you ready to make this card?

Start with a card base of Lost Lagoon cardstock that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4".  Fold the card in half as usual.  Then fold back at the other score line so the inside of the card now is the front panel of the card.

The One Horse Open Sleigh DSP is 6" x 6".  One full print sheet is used to make this one card. First the DSP is cut across the bottom to take off 3/4".  This leaves a length of 5 1/4" to fit the card front.  Next a 2" strip is cut from the left side of the sheet.  This will be the front.  The 4" that are left will be the inside of the card.  You can attach these layers onto the Lost Lagoon card base at this time.  Make sure the top and bottom edges line up nicely.

Next a piece of Basic White cardstock is cut for the inside of the card.  This measures 2" x 5 1/4".  The sentiment for the inside of the card is from the Brightest Glow.  This is stamped with Real Red ink onto the white panel you just cut.  After stamping, attach this inside the card with adhesive.  Make sure the top and bottom edges line up with the other two panels.  This panel gives you plenty of space to write a small greeting to friends or family, but it's totally hidden when the card is closed.

I really like the "joy" sentiment in the Brightest Glow stamp set.  It's stamped on a Basic White scrap using Real Red ink. Then punched out with the smaller oval of the Double Oval Punch.  There was a debate with myself about using the larger scallop oval to punch a Real Red layer but it was decided no.  It made the sentiment area way too heavy looking, so it came off the card and I stayed with simple.  

The snowflake accents were added at this time.  There's one of each of the three sizes.  Oh yes, the snowflakes are an Online Exclusive also.  Make sure you check it out.  The last little bits of bling are the Loose Holly Gems and Sequins that can be found in the new Mini Catalog.  They are just a cute little accent that adds so much to the card.

Here you've got a last look at the finished card standing on a table.  Such a pretty wintry accent just sitting there.  And wasn't that an easy card to make?  Just perfect for getting ready for the holidays.  And yes, I'm just a little obsessed with this One Horse Open Sleigh DSP.  The prints just take me back to my childhood - outside playing in the snow with my siblings.  It was fun, but pretty cold.  This way I can enjoy the look but not freeze my fingers and toes.  😄

Remember, just a few more days before you can get your hands on all the goodies in the new Mini Catalog - September 6th!  And there are so many new goodies to choose from!  I still want to try everything, but I'm trying to exercise some restraint!  Not sure how good that's working out.

Thanks for coming by today.  Happy Christmas card making.  This is one of my very favorite traditions every year.  It just blesses me to think of my family and friends who will be receiving these cards.  Hope the cards sent will bless others too.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Just what I need to make my Christmas cards!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card and I will be making some cards for next year out of this paper. Will try and get a few made every month so that I have plenty for 2024.

    ReplyDelete