Thursday, August 15, 2024

My Changing Leaves Card Collection

Hello friends!  I've been a little fixated on using the Changing Leaves Bundle.  Guess I've been thinking about autumn and these items work so well for that.  I gave myself a challenge of only using three basic colors and seeing what I can come up with this Bundle.  I'm so pleased with the different looking cards that came from this challenge and I might try this on other stamp and die bundles.  Let's see what I made...

Here is the trio of cards I created for this challenge I gave myself.  I think they all turned out quite different even though the card layers are very similar.  It was interesting working with different styles on each of the cards.  The colors I chose to use on them all are Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Peach Pie.  We'll highlight the information on each card so you can see what was done.
The first card was the idea of a stamped background.  The card base is Very Vanilla that measured 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  There is a layer of Old Olive cardstock that measured 5 1/4" x 4".  The stamped layer is Very Vanilla that measured 5" x 3 7/8".

The largest leaf clusters were stamped with Peach Pie ink on the vanilla layer.  The next largest leaf cluster was stamped with Old Olive that I stamped off to make a light shade of green.  Lastly, Pumpkin Pie ink was used to stamp the smaller skeleton leaf randomly to fill in open areas. 

An Old Olive Marker was flicked onto this layer to even out the design a bit.  When dry, the layer was attached to the Old Olive layer by using adhesive.  

The die used is from the Everyday Details Die Set and is cut from Very Vanilla cardstock.  The sentiment is from the Everyday Greetings stamp set and is stamped with Old Olive ink.  I thought the sentiment fit perfectly in this die-cut.   It needed some color behind it to make it stand out.  The Old Olive cardstock used measures 3 7/8" x 1 1/2".  They are attached together with adhesive.

The ribbon is an old Pumpkin Pie 1/4" ribbon that was part of a combo pack that's been retired over 5 years now.  Yeah, I know I keep everything, but it was the perfect addition to help balance the colors here.  It's wrapped around the two layers and attached in the back then added to the card base with Dimensionals.  After adding the sentiment with Dimensionals, the bow was attached with a Mini Glue Dot.  At this point, I added one of the skeleton leaves die-cut from Old Olive cardstock.  It's attached with a little adhesive where it tucks under the sentiment.

The bling added here comes from the Adhesive-backed Speckle Dots.  I love these more natural colors.  Three of the olive color gems were used.

The next card I made turned out so different from the first.  I started with a base of Pumpkin Pie.  A layer of Old Olive was cut that measures 5 1/4" x 4".  Then a layer of Very Vanilla was cut that measures 5" x 3 3/4".

The Very Vanilla layer was embossed with the Exposed Brick 3D Embossing Folder.  After embossing, I used a Blending Brush and Pecan Pie ink over it all to expose the design.  Then a Pecan Pie Marker was used to spatter ink over the background.  After drying, it was attached to the Old Olive layer with adhesive and to the card base using Dimensionals.

The large leaf cluster was inked by using Sponge Daubers starting with Pumkin Pie on the tips and Old Olive ink in the center.  This was off-stamped before stamping onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  It was die-cut with the matching die.  The same leaf cluster was die-cut from Old Olive cardstock also.  These two were attached but off-set a little to let the green stand out against the background.  


Then the smaller leaf cluster was stamped onto Very Vanilla using Pumpkin Pie ink and die-cut.  One of the skeleton leaves was die-cut from Old Olive cardstock as an accent.  And a berry branch was die-cut from Pecan Pie.

The sentiment is from the Changing Leaves set.  It's stamped onto a Very Vanilla scrap using Old Olive ink.  It's die-cut with one of the dies from the same bundle.

The large leaves are attached to the card front with adhesive along with the Pumpkin Pie leaves.  The berry branch and the olive skeleton leaf are attached with some rolled up Mini Glue Dots.

Natural Tones Linen Thead (Online Exclusive) was wrapped around my finger three times and attached to the back of the label.  Then the label was attached with Dimensionals.

Three Neutrals Adhesive-backed Sequins in the brownish color are attached to the card to finish.

The last card I made I wanted to be simpler in looks.  There is a Very Vanilla card base, then a layer of Old Olive that measures 5 1/4" x 4".  Next is another layer of Very Vanilla.

I die-cut a 1/4 size piece of computer paper with the 2nd largest circle die from the Stylish Shapes dies.  Using this as a mask, I used a Blending Brush to add Peach Pie ink to the center.

With the mask still in place, I stamped the largest leaf cluster with Pumpkin Pie ink with only the leaf tips showing.  After removing the mask, the Vanilla piece was embossed with the So Swirly Embossing Folder.  This reminded me of swirls of wind on an autumn day.   This was attached to the Old Olive layer with Tombow Liquid Glue, then using Dimensionals attached both pieces to the card base.

Only the three top leaves were stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock using Old Olive ink and were die-cut with the matching die.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  It's stamped with Pumpkin Pie ink onto a Very Vanilla strip, then it's die-cut with the matching die.  Just a small bit of Peach Pie ink was blended around the edges to enhance it.

Both the leaves and the sentiment are attached with Dimensionals.  A small Linen Thread bow was attached to the leaf stem using Mini Glue Dots.  

The bling for this card is the same Adhesive-back Speckle Dots in the olive color that were used on the first card.

WHEW!  That's a lot of stamping and a lot of typing too!  I hope these ideas spark your creativity.  Every time you sit down to stamp - even with the same stamp over and over - you always get something new and exciting.  I just love seeing how you get different looks with the same products.  Stamping is never boring!

I hope you've had a chance to redeem your Bonus Days coupons codes.  If not, please don't forget to get that done before the end of the month.  And don't forget about my own extra 50th Wedding Anniversary promotion.  If you spend $50 with me in the month of August, I'll send you a card and a package of embellishments as a way of celebrating with you.  Thank you so much for your patronage!!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon 

2 comments:

  1. The 3rd card is my favorite. It looks like some of the leaves are underwater with the swirls. Love nature cards and these are great Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie! Always love to hear from you.

      Delete