Thursday, February 9, 2023

3-D Thank You

Hello friend!  Glad you haven't given up on me even though I have not posted for several days.  I've been working to get all my business paperwork together, and then there were all the valentine cards that needed to get mailed out.  Now that things are all caught up and sort of back to normal, it's time to play.  Today's post isn't a card as usual, but a little 3-D box with a few goodies in it.  I've met a very sweet lady in my Bible Study class on Sunday mornings.  She offered to drive me to a luncheon on Thursday, because I have no sense of direction and forever get turned around.  I thought I'd make her a little something to thank her for her kindness.  Guess I'm getting a head start on Random Acts of Kindness week that is going on next week.  Besides, you can never show too much kindness, can you?

At first, I thought I'd make something with flowers and really sweet stuff.  But she's such a happy, bubbly type of lady, maybe she'd like something fun instead.  This is what I made for her with some goodies tucked inside.  Here's how I made the treat box.

Start out with a piece of cardstock that measures 5 1/2" x 8".  I used Balmy Blue for this.  On the 8" side, score at 1/2", 3 1/8", 4 1/4", and 6 7/8".  Turn the cardstock a quarter turn and score at 1 1/8" across the whole length.  Cut up from the bottom to the 1 1/8" score line on each of the score lines for the sides of the box.  Then make little angled cuts just on the two flaps.  Here's a picture to show you how to make the cuts.

This picture shows the score lines on the card and the small, angled cuts made to just the two small flaps that fold into the bottom of the box.  The picture shows the DSP layered on already and a half-circle die-cut from the top for a finger hold area.  It also shows where the Tear & Tape Adhesive gets placed on the outside of the box.

The next step is to add your DSP to the front (and back if desired) of the box.  I've used the Dandy Designs DSP on both of these boxes, just a different print to match the cardstock base.  The DSP is cut to measure 2 1/2" x 4 1/4".  This leaves a small frame around the DSP when it's attached.

The Dandy Designs DSP is one of the awesome Sale-a-bration freebies that are available right now.  This DSP pack is 12" x 12" in size and has 48 sheets of double-sided paper.  That's 4 each of 12 designs.  Wow, that's a lot of cute and versatile designs to play with and create your masterpieces!  

This picture shows where the one piece of Tear & Tape is positioned on the inside of the box.

For the finger-hold area, I used the Layering Circles Dies.  For this I used the very smallest circle.  You could use a punch or different die to make this cut if you don't have this same die set.

I used the 2nd largest circle die in the Stylish Shapes Die set to cut a piece of Basic White cardstock.  The sentiment comes from the Happy Labels stamp set which is a set of twelve sentiments that are quite cute.  This one is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink way down at the bottom right of the circle.

The happy bunny comes from the Rain or Shine DSP found on page 51 of the January-April Mini Catalog.  I used the Playing in the Rain Die set to cut this bunny from the paper.  I love it when Stampin'Up! gives us dies that actually cut out some of the images on the coordinating DSP.  The images can be cut by hand, but it's so much quicker and easier to die-cut!

The die-cut circle layer was attached to the front of the box with Dimensionals.  The bunny uses Mini Dimensionals to attach him to the circle.  The Mini Dimensionals on the ear are double layered to keep it level.

A small bow was attached to the box with a Mini Glue Dot.  This is a sheer 3/8" ribbon in Balmy Blue from a year ago that was perfect for this box.  I didn't think this bunny needed any bling.  He seemed happy enough without anything being added.

This came together so quickly; I think I'll be making some of these for little Easter goodies.  The grandsons say they're too old for an Easter basket, but they don't have any trouble eating chocolate bunnies!  I think a chocolate bunny should fit into these little boxes just right.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Make sure you check out the newest additions to the Sale-a-bration line-up.  There's something for everyone.  And don't forget the Dandy Designs DSP!  It's going to be perfect for all your Easter and spring cards and 3-D items!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment