Friday, February 10, 2023

Two-Tone Flora Cards

Good day to you, my friend!   Today I have a simple card to share with you using the SIP technique.  Do you know what SIP is?  It stands for Stamps, Ink, and Paper.  Pretty basic, and that's really what so many of our cards are.  I didn't use any die-cuts on these cards.  But I did add sequins and on one of the cards there's a bit of ribbon.  I couldn't help myself!  What I'm sharing today is the same card with three different color combos to choose from.  Never know which one you might feel like making.

This is the first one I made.  I just love these colors together!  Sweet Sorbet, Pale Papaya, and Granny Apple Green - yum!  Sounds good enough to eat, doesn't it?  The Two-Tone Flora stamp set actually has 6 different flowers to choose from, and each one is a two-step stamp process giving you lots of detail easily.  For my cards this time, I used the largest flower and the third largest flower.  For some reason I keep gravitating to these two sizes.  One of these days I'll have to have a go at the other size flowers and show them some love too!
This card started with a Basic White layer that is stamped on.  It measures 5 1/2" x 4" so it goes edge to edge with a small cardstock strip showing on top and bottom.  On scrap paper, I stamped the large solid flower with Sweet Sorbet, then stamped again to check on which color strength I wanted to use.  The full strength was way too dark for my taste, so all the Sweet Sorbet flowers on this card are off-stamped with a full-strength detail stamp on top of it.  I did it the same way with the smaller Pale Papaya flowers too.  As you can see, one of the Pale Papaya flowers wasn't off-stamped and the detail just doesn't show up as nicely.  If you want to get a brighter flower, use a darker color on the detail stamp to give it some contrast.

After stamping in the flowers, the leaves were tucked in around them.  They are stamped with Granny Apple Green ink.  Both full strength and off-stamped versions of the leaves were used.

The sentiment used on this card is from the Something Fancy stamp set.  It's on page 17 of the January-April Mini Catalog.  For this card, Basic Gray ink was used.  With the lighter flowers, I thought the Memento Tuxedo Black ink was a little too harsh.

To put the card together, I checked on using Sweet Sorbet or Pale Papaya for the base.  As you can see, I chose a base of Pale Papaya cardstock.  It measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and is scored and folded in half.  It's attached with adhesive.  

I was going to make the card plain with no bling.  But I just couldn't leave it bare.  I know, I know.  I just had to get in there and add a little more!  Three of the Pastel Adhesive-backed Sequins in gold were added for the bling.  Nice touch.

The inside of the card needed to be pretty too.  I went with smaller flowers in the same set and same colors to add a bouquet in the bottom right corner.  Didn't that dress it up nicely?  And I still have lots of room to write a note.

Now, wouldn't it be nice to try this in different color combinations?  Let's see what I did.  Let me know which color combo you like the best.

I have hardly used my Tahitian Tide cardstock and ink.  Wouldn't that be a pretty flower color?  Using the largest flower again, the solid stamp was off-stamped before stamping on the Basic White.  The detail stamp was full strength.  For the smaller contrasting flowers, I used Mango Melody ink stamping in the same way.  I really love the contrast of these two colors together.  For the leaves, the color was changed to Parakeet Party ink.

There are a few more changes.  The Mango Melody cardstock is cut to 11" x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half.  A sentiment was used from the Framed Florets set.  This time the sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink to be nice and bold.  More of the Pastel Adhesive-backed Sequins were used for an accent.  And I couldn't help myself - this time it was adding the ribbon too.  This is the 1/8" Metallic Woven Ribbon that's tied in a bow across the side of the card.  I liked that it was darker than the flowers and had some sparkle to it.  Pretty.

This time I used Tahitian Tide cardstock for the card base.  I still wanted to use the same color for the smaller flowers but wanted to try a different color for the larger flowers.  I've always loved the combo of blue and yellow, so I tried Daffodil Delight ink this time.  I was surprised in the pictures that there is very little difference between the Daffodil and the Mango.  In real life, there is a definite difference, but the camera really didn't pick that up.  Sorry!

The sentiment was changed on this card to a stamp from the Easter Bunny set.  I like this cute little sentiment.  Again, I used Memento Tuxedo Black to stamp the sentiment.  This card also uses the same Pastel Adhesive-backed Sequins for an accent.  But this time I chose the blue shade instead and got carried away and used five of them.

I guess this is as close to a SIP card as I can get.  Seems like there's always a little something that needs to be added.  Guess I need to work on controlling my 'bling' addiction.  It really is only a small addiction.  I didn't go overboard or anything, do I?  Just a small accent or two.  Anyway, hope you are inspired to make some SIP cards.  With the lovely papers and stamps you have to choose from, you might never make two cards the same ever again!  Don't forget to let me know which combo you like the best!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment