Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Happiness Abounds WV Fun Fold Card

 Hello Friend,  I'm shocked that I haven't made a single post yet this month.  I have to admit it's been a little bit crazy around here, but really!  That's just way too long to go between postings.  I'm sorry I've been off the grid for two weeks.   I do have a nice fun fold for you today.  I've made a similar card to this before, but I never had a name for the fold before.  So that part is new.  Now about the old.  You know it's time for the new catalog to appear very soon, and that means so many of my favorite products are retiring.  Today's card uses some of those items that I'll miss a lot.  As of this moment, the items I'm sharing with you are still all available.  But I really have no idea how long they will last.  So if what I'm using today is still on your wish list, you might want to get a move on to make sure you can still get them!  That said, let's get to the stamping and creating part.

Here's my WV Fun Fold card for you.  As you can see it folds up to fit in regular envelopes, so there's not a problem looking for a different size.  The card starts with a base that measures 5 1/2" x 11".  This is scored at 1 3/4", 3 1/2", 5 1/4", and 7".  This is for the W fold of the card base.  I used Night of Navy for this piece.  There's also a piece of Night of Navy cardstock that measures 3" x 6" and this is scored at 3".  This will provide the V for the card.

Flirty Flamingo cardstock was used for the layers on the card.  These measure (4) 1 1/2" x 5 1/4", (2) 2 3/4" x 2 3/4", and lastly (1) 3 3/4" x 5 1/4".  For the Hues of Happiness DSP, you need (2) of the small print that measure 1 1/4" x 5", and (2) of the floral print with the navy background that measure 2 1/2" x 2 1/2".  Yes, that's a lot of measuring and cutting, but the card is worth it when you've got it finished.  

As you can see, I used another sheet of this awesome DSP to die-cut the additional floral pieces both for the front design and the inside of the card.  The coordinating Blossoming Happiness dies make it so easy to die-cut these images.

This picture gives you a much better look at the WV aspect of the card.

Two of the 1 1/2" x 5 1/4" pieces and the largest piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock were all embossed with one of the new Online Exclusive embossing folders - Basics 3D Folders that is a set of three.  Each of these embossing folders give you a totally different look and feel to your project.  I chose the one that sort of looks like an overall floral or starfish design depending on what I put with it.

After embossing these, the Flirty Flamingo layers get attached to the card front.  Panel one - embossed, panels two and three - plain, panel four - embossed, panel five - large embossed.  Still with me??  I attached my panels with Multi Purpose Liquid Glue.  Then the two square panels were attached to the 3" x 6" cardstock piece.

Next the Designer Paper panels were attached to the card front.  The two embossed panels have no DSP.  The two plain panels have the tiny print added to the center of the panel.  The two square panels are attached to the 3" x 6" sections.  

I die-cut the rest of the flowers and leaves on my last piece of Hues of Happiness DSP.  They were perfect for the card.  I chose a large Flirty Flamingo pink flower and a small Pool Party flower along with two of the leaf clusters for the focal point of the card.  I also chose a navy and a yellow flower to use inside the card.  The two flowers on the front were positioned then attached with either adhesive or a Dimensional for some depth.  

For the sentiment layer on the inside of the card, I started with a Basic White panel that measured 2 3/4" x 2 3/4".  The sentiment is from the Charming Sentiments set and is stamped with Night of Navy ink.  It's attached to the center of the back making sure that when the card is closed it doesn't show.  The yellow flower was tucked behind the top of the white panel and the navy one is layered on top of the flower and also over a little bit of the white.  This way it shows when the card is closed and just adds to the design on the front.

To add a little bling, three of the Adhesive-backed Pastel Sequins in the gold tone were attached at the bottom right corner on the back layer of the card.  With all the prints here, they are just a small, subtle addition to the card.

Remember, this mini catalog and the big Annual Catalog are only current through the end of April and that time is quickly approaching.  There are so many items retiring and I know I'll miss many of them.  The Happiness Abounds set and coordinating dies are on the retiring list along with the absolutely lovely Hues of Happiness DSP.  If you're interested, the time is running out quickly and they'll no longer be available.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Again, I apologize for not posting for two weeks.  My life really got away from me.  Just a little bit out of control.  lol  I hope you had a blessed Easter and are enjoying some nice spring weather.  Love to you all!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment