Friday, April 14, 2023

More Playing in the Rain Cards

Hello, hello!  Hope you're having a fabulous day today.  I had so much fun creating with the Playing in the Rain Suite the other day that I got some of those same pieces out again today and did a different fun fold card.  I just adore this cute Rain or Shine DSP and I'm so sad it's retiring at the end of this month.  It's just a fun combo of colors and prints that always seems to make me smile - especially when it's raining (or just about to start up again)!

Here it is and isn't it sweet?  It's an easy fun fold card and I'm going to walk you through it.  Start with a card base that measures 8 1/2"x 5 1/2".  Score this at 4 1/4" and fold in half.  Open the card and cut 1" off the front flap on the card.  This allows you to add a cute DSP strip as an accent.  Cut another piece of cardstock that measures 3 1/4" x 4".  Score this at 1/2" on the long side and fold over to the back.  This gives you the flap that opens on the right side of the card.  Oops, forgot to mention that I used Mango Melody cardstock for my card.  It's one of those colors that are on the way out because of the Color Refresh.  If you like this color, pick up an extra pack right now.  There really isn't a color in the new color lineup that is anywhere close.

To make this card, we're going to start on the inside and work our way out.  So the next piece of cardstock you need is Basic White.  This is cut to measure 5 1/4" x 4".  The strip of checked DSP is from the Rain or Shine DSP.  It measures 1" x 5 1/4" and is attached to the Basic White piece right at the edge using MultiPurpose Liquid Glue.  

I used a piece of Tear & Tape along the inside 1/2" flap on the smaller Mango Melody cardstock.  Line the flap up carefully with the DSP and fold it around to the back side of the Basic White to create the front flap of the card.  After this is attached to the white, use adhesive to attach this layer to the center of the inside of the Mango Melody card as shown.

I used two different prints from the DSP.  The measurement for the left flap is 2 3/4" x 5".  It's attached to a Balmy Blue layer that's 3" x 5 1/4".  These layers are attached to the left flap of the card using adhesive.

The DSP layer on the right flap is 2 7/8" x 3 1/8".  This is attached to a Balmy Blue layer that is 3" x 3 1/4" using adhesive.  Then this is attached to the front flap of the card using adhesive.

The cute fox is die-cut from the Rain or Shine DSP using the coordinating dies.  Easy peasy.  The cloud was punched from Basic White using the Cloud Punch on page 153 in the Annual Catalog. The sentiment is stamped with Balmy Blue ink on it.  Then it's popped up on the card flap using Dimensionals.  The fox is also on Dimensionals and just barely over the cloud.  Some of the blue Pastel Adhesive-backed Sequins were added for a little rainy bling.

I haven't done any stamping inside the card.  I'll either save that for another day, or maybe just write out a note inside.  We'll see.  But wait, I'm not done yet...


I liked the last card so much, I sat back down and made another one.  This time I changed the background DSP to the umbrella print.  Thought that was really cute.  The fox is also changed for the bunny dancing in the rain.  Looking at these two cards together, I think I should have used the 'rainy-er' piece of the raindrop DSP print on the foxy card because she has an umbrella.  Oh well, maybe next time.  I really do think these cards came out so cute!  I wish this Rain or Shine DSP would be carrying over to the next catalog like the Playing in the Rain stamps and dies.  Oh well, I guess I can't have everything I want, now can I?  That means I have to be thankful for what I have and enjoy using it too!

Thanks for stopping by today to see what's new around here.  I've heard from some of you that your new Annual Catalog has arrived.  Woo Hoo!!  Hope you're having fun checking out everything that's new!  Please remember that you can't order anything from this new catalog until May 1st.  But you can still get some of your favorite retiring stamps, cardstock, ink, and embellishments until the end of April (if they are still in stock).  Some items are already sold out, so please don't wait too long.  Thank you!!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

2 comments: