Saturday, May 27, 2023

Boho Blue Medley

Happy Saturday.  Hope you're having a good day and maybe doing some Memorial Day celebrating.  I thought I'd get a post in today while I still could.  I've been fretting about which one of these cards to focus on, but really couldn't decide.  They all use the same colors and DSP and embossing folder and dies, but all have a slightly different twist to them.  This morning I got the brilliant solution to just share them all in this post and give just a small bit of information on each one instead of a long dissertation on each.  Hope you like this approach today, as it will give you ideas to use when looking at a piece of Designer Paper and not sure where to go with it.  Ok, let's dig in.

My idea started with the thought of using a 3 1/2" wide strip of Countryside Inn Designer Series Paper (page 129) and cutting a segment as needed for my project.  For the first card made, I cut the DSP at 3 1/2" to make it a square.  Basic White Thick is used for the base.  It's cut at 10 1/4" x 4 1/4", scored at 5 1/2".  The 3/4" piece that was cut off the front was attached to the bottom of the inside of the card for as extra layer.  A layer of Basic White 4 1/2" x 4" was embossed with one of the Basic 3D embossing folders (Online Exclusives), then layered onto the card base.  Changed my mind about the layout and trimmed down the DSP to 3" wide and attached it to the base.  The 1/2" I cut off was turned on its side and attached to the bottom of the inside of the card that shows.
Now for the fun part.  The Timeless Arrangements Bundle (page 67) is so much fun to create with!!  I was die-cutting the different layers of leaves with Night of Navy, Misty Moonlight, Boho Blue, Balmy Blue and Silver Foil.  I had a small pile of pieces to choose from when putting these cards together.  I started by stamping a sentiment from Inked & Tiled set (page 95) with Misty Moonlight ink onto a Basic White 1" strip.  I trimmed it to fit my design, then laid different pieces behind it until I had something pleasing to my eye.  Each piece was attached with adhesive then the whole piece was attached to the card front with adhesive.  One card done, on to the next.

First the minor changes.  The added Misty Moonlight layer was cut to 5" x 4" and run through the embossing machine with the same cross-hatch design used above.  Then 1" was cut from the bottom end.  Both of these pieces were attached to the folded 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Basic White card base.  The DSP was again cut to 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" but not attached to the card front yet.

The sentiment is from the Timeless Arrangements set.  It's stamped with Night of Navy ink onto a 5/8" x 3 1/4" strip of Basic White.  Then again, I played around arranging the bits and pieces die-cut from the same bundle.  All the colors but the Balmy Blue were used here.  As you can see, several pieces were also stamped in Night of Navy ink on white, smudged with a little Wink of Stella and die-cut.   This gives another dimension and texture to the die-cut pieces.

The pieces were all attached behind the sentiment strip.  Then this all was attached flat to the DSP layer with adhesive.  Then the DSP was attached to the card front using Dimensionals.

Two clear Rhinestone Basic Jewels were added to the sentiment strip.  Some small flowers die-cut from the Sentimental Park die set were added to the design.  They are attached with Mini Glue Dots.

I wanted to add some of the Boho Blue Ribbon but didn't want a bulky bow or knot.  So instead, a 3 1/2" piece of ribbon was cut and attached over the bottom piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock using adhesive.  Another texture without the bulk.  Ok, another one finished.  On to the last design.

Same Basic White card base and same Misty Moonlight layer as before.  The Misty Moonlight was not embossed this time.  The DSP layer is also the same 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" size but was turned over so the back side could show.  It is framed with a 3 5/8" x 3 5/8" Basic White layer to break up all the blue.  The white layer is attached to the card front with Dimensionals.

The sentiment I wanted to use for this card is from the new Courage & Faith set on page 72.  I really like the sentiment/Bible verses in this set.  It's stamped on Basic White with Misty Moonlight ink.  It's die-cut with one of the rectangles in the Timeless Arrangements Bundle.  I like the slightly different look to the stitching lines on these and they're great sizes to fit a sentiment.

After die-cutting the sentiment, the layers of greenery were attached with adhesive.  This time only the Balmy Blue and Night of Navy pieces were chosen.  This gives it a cleaner look than the last one.  The sentiment was attached with Dimensionals and the greenery is not attached at the top, just on the sentiment layer.  

At this point I realized I had forgotten to add the ribbon knot to the front of the card.  I pried up the edges and tucked the ribbon in behind the Misty Moonlight cardstock.  That's definitely the hard way to do it!  It was a little loose, so a Mini Glue Dot was tucked under the knot to hold it in place.

To finish it off, three clear Rhinestone Basic Jewels were added to the design.  

By now, I'm assuming you noticed that all the cards basically have the same layout.  But the look is quite different with the layering and pieces used.  I'm definitely a huge fan of the Timeless Arrangements Bundle and all the coordinating pieces that go with it.  If you love blues, you'll love the Countryside Inn DSP.  It's so pretty.  And don't think this can only be done with blues, because the sky is the limit with color combos.  I've already used the stamps and dies with greens, and I've got ideas dancing around in my head with fall colors too.  Yes, this is a total must-have in my book!

If you have any questions about these projects that I didn't cover, please get in touch with me.  I'd love to hear from you and help you out.   Thank you for sharing your time with me and my ramblings.  Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend.  Make sure you take time to think about all the soldiers through the years who have given their lives for our country.  And don't forget all those who have served in the Armed Forces and are dealing with the aftermath of war. We are truly blessed to live in this country even though there are many problems going on at the moment.  Keep our country in your prayers.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, there's something about blue and white together that just makes me happy!

      Delete